Chili and Other Fallish Things

 
So, I made chili this week. Chili falls under my category of "winter foods" which means I usually only make them once October gets here or cold weather. Whatever happens first. This frustrates Jeff. He'll ask for chicken and dumplings, which is in my winter foods category, during the summer and I'll tell him it's too hot outside for chicken and dumplings. Let's just say that this concept escapes Jeff. So he's been so happy now that October's arrived. Beef stew, chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, turkey and stuffing, beef bourguignon, chicken soup, roast, and so on--I seriously love cooking during the fall/winter months. As soon as the weather starts to turn, I buy pumpkin spice candles. Yesterday, I finally bought a pumpkin to set outside on the doorstep. I just love this time of year. I do need to think of new winter/fall desserts to make this year. I'm looking for suggestions, so if you've got a great recipe, please share it here. For that matter, if you have a special non-dessert winterish recipe, I'd love that too! So tell me, what are your favorite foods during this seasoon?

No comments

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!