Thoughts about Thanksgiving


Here's the truth about me: I was frantically leaving my house this morning at about 7 to go shopping. I got halfway down the street when I started to think that the world was looking a little fuzzy. No, it couldn't be that I was just sleepy and delirious. Things really did seem kind of blurry . . . Oh, that's right. I'm not wearing any glasses or contacts. Scary, I know! I left the house without glasses or contacts! I whipped around and went back home to put my eyes on and left again.

Last year I was one of the crazies out at 4 am or something ridiculous like that on Black Friday. I wanted to be one of them again this year, but I've had a super bad cold, so I could only drag myself out at 7. Last year I was running around like mad in the sea of people, filling my cart with everything on sale. Seriously, I was pushing around this absolutely enormous TV--I just couldn't stand the peer pressure of all the people around me buying TVs like crazy. I walked around with this TV that was bigger than me, and all kinds of little kitchen appliances--and at the end of it all, I abandoned ship because I remembered that we already had a nice TV and I didn't need any kitchen tools.

I absolutely love buying gifts for people. So fun! I have a bad habit of buying presents for myself though. I came home and dropped three little presents in Jeff's lap and told him, "You bought these for me. Wrap them and hide them." Jeff gets all kind of stressed out about buying presents for me. There's no reason to. I'm the kind of girl who's all about making lists and giving them to people. My dad says that he never worries about forgetting my birthday because I'm always so good about reminding everyone. Heeheehee. :)

So, how was Thanksgiving, everyone? Good, I hope. Ours was very nice. Sara and Nemo came over and ate with us, later we played cards and decorated the Christmas tree and watched Miracle on 34th Street. Our tree is gorgeous from the waist up. From the waist (or middle, I guess, since tree's don't have a waist) down, Ashtyn can reach, so there's nothing but lights. She was a little over excited about the tree and everything last night. We didn't have a tree last year since we were traveling over Christmas, but this year we'll be home and she's a little bigger so I said we needed one. It's all very exciting to her. :) I can't wait to see her little face on Christmas morning. So, it's been a great Thanksgiving and I am SO thankful to the Lord for my family and friends, and for my home and job, and for Jesus, and for Diet Dr Pepper, and turkey and dressing, and pecan pie and peanut butter cheesecake, and for Christmas trees--and gosh, there is just so much to be thankful for. :) And I really am.

No comments

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!