Life's Delicious Moments

So, what you're looking at to the right is Jeff's mom's bread pudding. Can I just tell you that before now I had never even tried bread pudding? For some reason, the thought of bread and pudding just didn't mix well to me. I was wrong, though. So while Jeff's mom was in town recently to meet the new addition to our family, she made some of Jeff's favorite foods. One of them being bread pudding. And it really seemed to me like a perfect fall dessert. It's warm with cinnamon and sugar and just feels like something you should eat during October. I told her it was so good that I just had to write about it. You know how some foods are perfect for certain seasons? I love that! Like candy apples around Halloween time. And red, white, and blue trifle cakes during July. And my aunt's cookie cake in December. Well, bread pudding is obviously good any time, but it seems especially appropriate for the fall season.

You know what else I love? Family recipes. The special thing about family recipes is that usually they are recipes that lots of people love, but each family will have something unique that makes their recipe, well, their's. I think that's fabulous. You'll hear someone say something about their grandmother's special recipe or their mom's secret ingredient. I love how food is such a great aspect of family life. I love my grandmother's cornbread dressing. My aunt's chocolate pie. My mom's enchiladas. My mother-in-law's lemon bars.

So I was thinking I'd share one of my favorite fall recipes with you. Now, it's not a great secret, family recipe, :) but it's really good and has become sort of a tradition at my house during the holiday season. I highly recommend you try it!

Pumpkin Dip with Ginger Cookies

1 8 oz cream cheese

1 large can of pumpkin pie mix (not canned pumpkin)

2 cups of powdered sugar

cinnamon to taste

1/2 tsp ginger

Mix the cream cheese and spices together first, then add in pumpkin pie mix, then sugar. Serve with ginger cookies!

So, what are some of your favorite foods?

3 comments

  1. Pistachio pudding!

    -You know who I am

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know who you are! :) And I really missed your pistachio dessert this Thanksgiving. Must have it at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brandy, I will cook it when we come out. Love You.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!