Mr. Mommy


So my daughter has started calling me Mr. Mommy. Yes, it's weird, and yes, I have no idea why! She's also calling my husband Mr. Daddy, so at least I'm not alone. I'm always wondering where Ashtyn learns things or what inspires her. Okay, nine times out of ten, I can feel pretty confident that the answer to that question is Dora the Explorer. But still, sometimes she'll just seem to come up with something from who-knows-where and it's adorable. Mr. Mommy is maybe not the most adorable one, but you have to admit, it's a little funny. :)

I'm reminded at least once every day that being a mother is a beautiful thing. There are days that are more frustrating than others. Days where I'm really tired and everything's going wrong. But at least once, every single day, there's a moment where I see Ashtyn or Lincoln, and they smile, or in Ashtyn's case, she says something adorable and sweet--and I know all over again that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That this phase of life is a good one.

There's something incredibly special about family life. I know this from my own experience as a daughter and sister. And from my experience as a wife, and now, my experiences as a mommy. And what I want for my own children is for them to--one day--look back and feel that their family is one of the very best things in life. And that begins now, here, at the beginning.

The kids and I went to visit a friend of mine today. It was a playdate for the kids and talk date for the moms. :) We were talking about this whole motherhood thing and how half the time it's trial and error and you're just guessing, and my friend said, "If I had known how clueless my parents were..." I know, right?! Growing up, we think they know everything, that they have all the answers. Now, in the thick of it ourselves, we realize that they were just like us, learning as they went along. And if they could do it, we can do it. Motherhood. I'm telling you, it's a beautiful thing.

2 comments

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!