When It Rains It . . . Wait, When It Snows . . .

Yeah. You know how they say, "When it rains, it pours"? Well, in Colorado, when it snows, it blizzards. At least that's how it's felt for this mom lately. (Not to mention we did have like 10 inches of snow Thursday.) Do you want to know what I think moms don't get enough of? Time alone. I'm seriously the kind of person that needs time for myself on a more regular basis. Today, we were all packed up in the jeep to go to Chick-Fil-A for Ashtyn to have playland time and for us to have family time, and I suddenly told Jeff to take me back home because I just needed some time to myself. We whipped around and he dropped me off at the house. And I really needed that and it was so good for me. But I probably don't ask for it enough. I've found that being a mom is all-encompassing. Physically, emotionally--you are always needed and always have a million things to do. And while that's okay and I absolutely believe that women are amazing and we are capable of doing a million things--for me, one of those million things has to be making time to regroup when I need to. Because I unravel when that doesn't happen.

You know that feeling of unraveling? Yeah. I know you do. I can tell you one thing: Cheesecake helps, my friends. I don't know how, but it does. At least, it helps me. If you've got suggestions, by all means share them.

2 comments

  1. I love this post! Kudos to you for asking for me time! We moms need that to recharge! I don't think the perfect balance exists for us as moms, but we have to do a better job to try to get close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. The perfect balance doesn't exist! But I can definitely tell when I'm too far off balance and nearing breakdown status. :)

      Delete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!