Random Saturday List

I kept thinking that everything I wanted to say this morning is random and doesn't flow together in any sort of way. As we all know, a list is the perfect way to say random, not coherent, all-over-the-place thoughts. :)

1. I saw the Hunger Games last night and LOVED it. So good. I kept trying to not let myself be distracted be the fact that Josh Hutcherson is shorter than Jennifer Lawrence (when Peeta's supposed to be taller than her). Mostly, I was able to move past this. I know I will buy the movie at least eight hours after it's released on DVD.

2. Every Friday afternoon I love all the music that's on the radio while I'm on my way home from work. And it never ceases to happen that while I'm all happy that great music is playing, someone on the radio says, "That was our retro lunch hour." And this zaps the happiness from me. I'm retro? Really? At the age of 32?

3. I was up this morning at 6 with Lincoln, so I took him downstairs so we wouldn't wake everyone else up. The only thing on TV was that old movie My Girl. I think that movie should be outlawed. But I watched it and ended up crying and hyperventilating by 7 am. I remember seeing it in theaters when it first came out (I must really be retro) and crying so much that my friends were embarrassed to be seen with me.

4. I found a cat hair on my toothbrush and wasn't fazed by this at all. I know it's terrible, but our cat Georgia sheds more than should be permitted. I'm used to cat-hair filled oxygen and more at this point. (But now that I just told you this story, I'm thinking I'll buy a new toothbrush at my grocery store stop today. So don't worry.)

5. I continue to suffer from the peer pressure of good parents who take lots of pictures of their children. I must do more of this. Every time I check out one of my fav blogs, someone has posted thirty-two pictures of their child on a swingset or eating lunch.

7 comments

  1. Love your randomness and you! :). You made me smile today at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to find my friend's cat's hair all over in places i should find them. like, in my bra? no thanks.
    xx jes
    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't think there's a place where I haven't found cat hair, unfortunately!

      Delete
  3. thanks for coming by my blog and commenting! i'm following now so i look forward to more posts! and about cat hair.
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was excited to find your blog, too! So cute and funny!

      Delete
  4. Haha number 2 had me laughing - I am 25 and the music from "my day" is called retro on my local station too. What the H!? lol

    I am excited to be your newest blog follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you're following. Seriously--retro seems to be anything from last year and back!

      Delete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!