Menu Monday and Bonus Recipe!

Hi Loveys! So we're back for Menu Monday with Rachel at In No Simple Language! And as a bonus, after I post my menu, I'm going to share a recipe I love with you guys!

Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Taco salad with French dressing

Wednesday - Ranch chicken with broccoli

Thursday - Seafood enchiladas with Mexican rice (new recipe I'm going to try; I'll let you know how it goes)

Friday - Pizza!


* * *

Okay, on to our recipe! I love to cook with my crockpot. I especially like to use it when we're having company because I can spend time in the morning putting together the meal, and not stress later when it's closer to dinnertime (when you're cleaning like a mad person because people are coming over!).  So if you like cooking with your crockpot, you'll love this recipe.

We're making Beef Bourguignon! (And it's not Julia Child's recipe because that's too complicated for me. This is super easy ;) You need:

*6 or more strips of bacon, cut or torn into 1 inch pieces
*3 pounds beef rump, cut into 1-inch cubes. Or just buy beef tips like you would use for beef stew. (That's easiest--and just use however much you want)
*chopped carrots, peeled and sliced--however many you want. I usually buy a small bag of small, chopped carrots and use the whole bag
*1 onion sliced
*salt and pepper
*3 tbs flour
*10 oz beef broth, can condensed
*2 cups red or burgundy wine
*1 tbs tomato paste
*2 cloves garlic minced
*1 whole bay leaf
*1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced

1. Saute' bacon in a skillet on stovetop until crisp, then set aside
2. Brown beef cubes in same skillet, then set aside
3. Brown carrot and onion in same skillet then transfer to crockpot. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, add broth, and mix it all together
4. Add beef and bacon to crockpot
5. Add wine, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, and mushrooms
6. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours
Voila! It's fabulous! I always serve it with white rice and bread, but it's also great with mashed potatoes.

7 comments

  1. Ooh. Let us know how the seafood enchiladas go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm! i love cooking with my crock pot too. definitely going to be adding this to my menu soon! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, this looks so good! and best of all, easy!! I'll definitely have to try this out, my husband would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this seriously looks super yummy! And bacon is in it?! Nice! thanks for sharing! I should be better about making more well rounded meals like this for the hubs and me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Seafood enchiladas sound great!

    Thanks for linking up this past week :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!