SO WHAT Wednesday!


I'm linking up with Shannon at Life After I "Dew" for So What Wednesday! This week I'm saying So What if . . .
  • I sort of feel like I'm treading water in a fishbowl. I'm thinking this means I need a vacation. Since we're headed to Texas in June, I'm just telling myself to hold on till then. Sopapillas are in my future and therefore anything's possible.
  • Ashtyn has had . . . um . . . a few bathroom accidents lately. She's done great with potty training so I can handle accidents. (Though whether they are accidents or her deciding on purpose that making it to the bathroom in time is no longer cool...I don't know.)
  • There are still remnants of Easter candy around the house. I'm trying not to see them.
  • Blue Bell ice cream is on sale at King Soopers. I stood in front of the glass case yesterday for about five minutes, reading every flavor, before moving on sans ice cream. Sadness.
  • I really have to cook this meat I thawed out for dinner, but I don't want to. I want chili/frito/cheese pies. But I'm weird about categorizing food according to season. Jeff thinks I'm weird anyway. I always tell him that chili is a winter/fallish food. Not spring. He tells me that's ridiculous and we can eat whatever whenever. He's right, I know. Do you categorize food according to seasons?
  • One hour of Game of Thrones every Sunday night is not enough. I much prefer watching seasons of shows on DVD, but there's no way I can wait that long, so I'm stuck with my one hour a week

9 comments

  1. Sometimes I catergorize foods by the season too! I definitely think that potato salad is a spring/summer food and that chili and cornbread is a fall/winter food!

    p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you... I can only eat chili in the fall/winter. Eating in the spring is unnatural! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to eat with the weather. Considering the weather in my neck of woods went from high 80's to pouring rain in 3 days I am confused.

    THanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fallish foods absolutely work on rainy days whatever the season! And when we get snow in May (which we usually do) I'm definitely making chili or beef stew!

      Delete
  4. Watching shows on dvd is so much better! I hate waiting too :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way with categorizing food! Chilli is definitely a fall/winter food haha.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, love pepper bellies (frito pies) :)

    Thanks for stopping over at my place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard them called Pepper Bellies! That's so cute!

      Delete
  7. I just had sopapillas on Tuesday! They were delish! And I wouldn't have been able to pass up blue bell!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!