Thursdays and Animal Control

As I am typing this to you, loveys, the dog next door is driving me stark-raving mad. I'd forgotten the one downfall to springtime. All the dogs are left outside while the parents are at work. This doesn't bother me, obviously, on the days that I leave to go into the office. But when I'm home all day with the kids--and already get to hear two kids making noise every minute--well, then the cute pup near to my house makes me kind of nutty.

So today, I called animal control in our county and vented and complained to the nice guy over there for a good while. At the end, he asked me if I wanted to do anything like leave a report and such--and I said no. I told him I don't want my neighbor to hate me and he said he understood. But I told him not to worry, I'd probably be calling again soon and revisiting that decision. (To be honest, I've already revisited it about five times since that call ended.) I like animals. I really do. I always cry during movies about animals. But I also feel like crying when dogs bark for half an hour straight--competing with the chatter of my two kids.

OK. Enough venting. I really felt so much better just talking to Mr. Animal Control. You know that feeling of "Well, I did something--I called someone about it"? That's how I felt. Anyway, moving on from animal planet--there was something I really wanted to tell you . . . Gosh, what was it? I hate when I forget this stuff.

Oh, yesterday I heard on TV that people who run on a consistent basis have less credit card debt. Do you think that's true? Despite my inability to run farther than three houses down, I might have to rethink running. I wonder why that's true. (If you're wondering, too, sorry but I didn't hear the whole show.) I'm thinking it has something to do with self-discipline. I'm actually not too bad about overspending (unless it's buying books on Amazon, then it's practically out of my hands). Could just be that running takes a while and if you're doing that, you're spending less time at the store. We all have our weaknesses, I guess. Some of us have weaknesses like shoes or purses or clothes. Some of us have weaknesses like books and powdered donuts (I'm just throwing that out there. I'm not necessarily talking about anyone I know...).

Anyway, we had rain last night. I love rain and yet I live in a super dry place, so rainy days make me happy. It was a rainy night, but you take what you can get. So loveys, it's been a good Thursday overall. One of my book projects (remember, I'm an editor) shipped today and that's always a great feeling. I absolutely love the day when books come in--I work on projects for about 6 months to a year, so when the final product comes in, it's a great feeling. And today I'm one step closer to that place. :) Plus, my little darlings are well . . . darling and I love being with them. (By the way, I love, love, love these pics of my kiddos below. Doesn't it sort of feel like Ashtyn is channeling Elton John though?)

3 comments

  1. I would have made a report on the dog! The children are ADORABLE! I love you snuggle bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the pictures aand the blogs. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandy :) wanted to say hi instead of just lurking..lol I like your blog...and the pics of your kiddos are precious!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!