Random Saturday List

1. I planted flowers today, finally, despite the fact that apparently tonight there's supposed to be a thunderstorm and possibly hail. My timing is never the coolest.

2. This was a busy work week. Next week will be too. Come to think of it--so will the foreseeable future.

3. For some reason, both my children were wide awake at 2:30 this morning. Their mother and father were not. 

4. For all my Denver friends, Looks Like Love is now at all three Tattered Cover locations. Exciting! Go get a copy! It would be a great Mother's Day gift. Sara and I plan to visit the downtown TC tomorrow and inconspicuously make sure the book is face-out.

5. I spent forever today writing my grocery list. And when I got to the store, I'd left it at home. I cannot tell you how often this happens to me (weekly). It makes me nuts!

6. There are a lot of cows grazing in some of the open space in our town. Jeff is always wondering why we only see baby calves or big huge cows. There are no teenage cows (or mid-size, as he puts it). Do they just jump from baby to huge? Where are the ones in the middle? If you know, please tell me.

   

8 comments

  1. found you over at Kelly's :) We're a couple hours from you now but hoping to move nearer soon. Well...that sounded a little weird since I don't really know you. ;) But we do hope to be closer to Denver in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Hillary!

      Delete
  2. I forget my grocery list all the time and I also need to get planting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgetting my list ruins all my good intentions of only buying what we need. I end up without the important stuff like diapers and instead with things like muffin mix.

      Delete
  3. Totally cracking up at the idea of teenage cows. They're probably at a friend's house or at the mall or something. Teenagers never want to hang out at home with their parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Brandy!

    So I had to comment on your list!

    1) I can't tell you how many times I leave the list at home. DRIVES ME NUTS. Happy to hear that I'm not the only one!

    2) The junior cows (AKA yearlings)care in my neck of the woods of this crazy town. Actually, we have 2 Black Angus steers sitting in our corral right now. I'll have to send you pics. They're super cute! This is my second year living as a "country" girl and super happy that I was able to get one of our psycho steers (kujo is what we call him) to eat out of my hand. :)

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you call the psycho steer Kujo!

      Delete
  5. It's so hard to know when the right time to plant is! And I have to admit that I forget my shopping list all the time too. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!