Say Yes to Stromboli!

So the fab college student Laura (also known as my sister) is hanging with the Bruce family and she has introduced us to stromboli, which she made for us the other night and we loved. Gotta share. Just FYI, we had it for dinner, but I think it could also work really well for a breakfast dish.

You need:

2 or 3 loaves of frozen bread dough (they sell them in packs in the freezer section at the store)
Shredded cheese (or as Laura calls it, sprinkle cheese), any kind
Meat--this could be sliced ham, pepperoni, any kind of lunch meat really

Laura says that you can really put whatever you want in it, so experiment with your favorites!

Let the dough thaw completely.
Spray a cookie sheet/baking sheet and place dough on top
Knead the dough into a long, flat rectangle
Using a knife, slice the sides
Layer the ingredients on the dough
Fold over edges and make them overlap with each other, this ends up looking like the dough is braided. (see pics b/c it's hard for me to explain)


 





Voila! Enjoy!

5 comments

  1. o that's awesome, thanks for sharing this recipe. btw, I'm having a 100+ Follower Urban Decay Giveaway! I hope you enter :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this on pinterest all the time. I've always wanted to try it! Seems super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. This looks DELISH! I am engaged to a 100% Italiano boy and he would adore this. Thank you! New follower, sweetie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been making pepperoni bread since one of my roommates in college got me hooked on it! I like the slicing of the sides though - never tried that before, so next time I make mine I will have to try that. I'm not known for my cooking skills, but when I ask friends what I can bring to a party/get together, it's always, "can you make your pepperoni bread?" LOL - one thing I am good at in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!