Stocked Up On Crazy

Remember in that movie As Good As It Gets when Jack Nicholson says, "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here"? Those were my feelings today. (I loved that movie, btw.) It was one of those days where the level of things that went wrong was higher than what's feasible for me. So I'm here decompressing, talking to you. It started early when I was on a conference call, listening to call-waiting beeps every five seconds, losing it and hoping these beeps weren't reaching the jillion people on this conference call. When I finally hang up and call the person who was calling me (also known as Jeff), I'm like, "Okay, I'm here. What's up? Tell me!" And his response (slow, calm response) is along the lines of "Oh hey. Just wondering what you're doing."

Yeah. Moving on. I wanted to show you pictures of my new desk. That cannot happen because it was not delivered today as it was supposed to be. Excellent.

From there, things just spiraled. Linc's not feeling great so it was one of those days where he cries if you put him down. So it was loud at my house. I had one of those moments where you just pause, and wait to see if you're going to cry. But the moment passes and you don't and you just keep rolling with everything, hanging on by your last nerve.

Now the day is coming to an end and I'm breathing slower and feeling like it's going to be okay. Though we're still pretty much stocked up on crazy over here tonight. You know--some days you're just better at handling things than others. That's why it's so great to be part of a team. I really need Jeff when I'm stocked up on crazy. Some days you just feel stretched too thin and the slightest whine can push you over the edge. (This is problematic when whining is a pretty common occurence at your house, like it is at mine.) What about you, Loveys, anybody stocked up on crazy at your house?
Today was rough so we start fresh Wednesday. I'm thinking red nail polish is a must for tomorrow. ;)



*kid update. Ashtyn gets to watch a movie every night before she falls asleep. I think we're going on day 20 of Talespin. Actually, it might be more than that. From the other room tonight I could hear Jeff say, "What movie, Ashtyn?" Then I hear him say, "Tailspin again? You ALWAYS watch Tailspin! Watch something else!" But she wouldn't budge. :) That girl is all kinds of cute. I saw this quote on Pinterest and it connected with me because tonight Jeff was finishing up the addition to our deck and Ashtyn was absolutely shadowing him. I mean, she was glued to him. And I hear her tell him, "Daddy, I have true love for you." Beautiful.

 

8 comments

  1. Sounds like a loong day. Hope the rest of the week goes better for you. And that was the cutest quote from Ashtyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sucks when days are like that. I haven't seen as good as it gets but everyone says it's awesome, I need to check it out for sure! yup, my day hasn't been the best either. sick kid, just got back from 24 hr cvs getting him anti-nausea medicine, bf just got diagnosed with a hernia. and it's my bday week, so things are supposed to be awesome and all about me hahah. I hope tomorrow goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Leah! Sounds like a crazy kind of week for you too. But let me wish you a Happy Birthday, girl!

      Delete
  3. Oh Brandy...I hate those kinda days. I know that feeling you are talking about - the one where you wanna cry and the temple on the side of your head starts aching - but then nothing will come out? So then you are left with a headache all day to go along with the insanity! Hope today is better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! You wait and nothing comes out! Even though you feel like you could just sob. I am determined that today will be better. (Despite the fact that my hair looks tragic.)

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, I can relate so much to this post! Except I feel like crying the minute I walk into work because of something going on, and sometimes I actually do get all teary, so I have no problem with getting the tears out!! I'm convinced it's God continuing to throw signs at me that I need to make a change...something I'm working on, but as much as I'd like to just walk out the door and not look back, I am not in a position to do that. So I catch my breath, regroup, and put my big girl panties on. And yes, that happens at home many nights too.

    I tend to let my emotions get the best of me and start projecting which only makes things worse. I keep reminding myself that I have a CHOICE not to do that, and to be happy in the moment, take a deep breath, and realize I'm in this moment for a reason - perhaps to learn a lesson, perhaps so that something good will come out of a negative situation.

    But yes, some days you definitely can manage it better than others!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suze, I totally feel you, girl! Catching our breath, regrouping, and putting our big-girl panties on--I think that should be on a motivation poster somewhere!

      Delete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!