Hi Ya'll . . .



Hey loveys! How're ya'll doin? Yep. Do I sound like a Texas girl? I'm feelin it right now. :) So the flight. First of all, we walked into the airport looking like we were moving to another country. Three bags to check, a pack and play, two car seats--yeah. You can picture it. As we try to check in, Ash is hopping around telling me she needs to go potty as Jeff and I juggle enough luggage to warrant going to Europe. The lines were forever long too, of course. Anyway, I was worried at the start of the flight. We got seated and Jeff opened up one of those airplane magazines for Ash to look at before we took off. He opens it to a page with a dinosaur, the big huge kind (Ash calls it Sharp Tooth), and Ash yells (I do mean yells) "ROAR!!"

Obviously, that was a concern. But she quieted down. Lincoln was exhausted and actually slept for some of the flight. Other than my arm going numb from being unable to move from the fear of him waking up, that was fine.

It was a warm welcome, people. Like 94 degrees and dripping with humidity. I always forget how hot it gets in Texas! And I spent most of my life here! It comes back to you fast, like a wave the moment you exit the plane. Anyway, so does everything else. Like the fact that Houston will always feel like home to me. I love being back even if it's hot and I'm sweating. :) I've already had the best BBQ ever and cheese enchiladas at Margaritas and my aunt's chocolate pie. Happiness! And I've seen some of my sweet friends that I've known forever. (Love seeing you, Jen!) Last night we hung out with my BFF since I was twelve, Michelle, and it was so cool watching our little girls play together. Such a great feeling to be with people who love you and really know you!

So I plan to post more pics of the real Texas as soon as possible. Stay tuned, loveys.

6 comments

  1. Texas is an awesome state for sure! So much pride and everything is BIG! I can't wait to hear more about your real Texas adventures. And yay for catching up with old friends. They truly are the best friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Once a Texan, always a Texan :) Hope you have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear everything went smoothly overall! The first time I flew with Tommy I was alone...but he was only 9 months old, and was excellent, thank goodness. And I was able to borrow a car seat and pack and play once we arrived, thank goodness. I had to fly with him alone again about a year and a half ago when my father-in-law passed away since my husband was already out there, and that was a much hairier trip. I ended up renting a car seat with the rental car rather than bring ours because I was already juggling a stroller with a toddler, 2 diaper bags of goodies, and a suitcase. Somehow I installed the carseat myself, which I am still very proud of! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're having a good time! Hilarious about the roaring on the plane. I've only visited Austin, but I kinda loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your trip went good!!! I'm not looking forward to EVER flying with Chloe. Just doesn't sound fun. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flying with little ones is sooo stressful! I'm glad you survived! My husband is from Texas so we go quite a bit and that accent suits you just fine:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!