It's OK. Really, it is. Or not.


Sometimes you have to tell yourself it's going to be OK (even if that is in no way certain). Everybody needs a pep talk at one time or another, you know?

  • So it's OK that I barely got any sleep last night but Jeff left at 6 am to go fishing all day long and both kids were up by 6:45. I will just yawn a lot and drink coffee. (Ash had to jump all over me and tell me, "Mom, the sun is up!")

  • It's OK that I did some major cleaning before book club at my house last night and yet the daycare look is already happening all over again in my living room.

  • It's OK that I had to breathe in a lot of smoke at work two days this week. Some of those people are having to breathe it in every day all day long. The fires in Colorado are out of control, people.

  • It's OK that it's blazing hot but my car does not have air conditioning right now. I get to work looking all glossy.

  • It's OK that it's taking me forever to get through the Storm of Swords book. (And that I'm skipping most of the Bran sections. I like him, I just find those parts to be a little slow.)

  • It's OK that I love to watch Drop Dead Diva and that I am so thrilled Grayson is finally starting to realize that Jane is his soul mate. But I think Jane's new guardian angel is really uncool and not the greatest addition to the show.

  • It's OK that I had a shot-glass collection while in college and now have nowhere to put those things. (Seriously, where do you put them? I mean, you can set out one or two really cool ones, but what about the other fifteen? And don't start thinking I was a lush or something, I just liked shot-glasses. It's sort of like buying magnets everywhere you go.)

  • It's OK that it's important to me to update my Amazon wish list on the regular.

  • It's OK that Sara's got me hooked on this old BBC series called Bramwell. It's the kind of series that Jeff is not thrilled about at all. But I like it. I think I'll blog more about it later.

All right, Loveys! Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!


*Kid update. So recently, I'm in Lincoln's room and I'm carrying him with one arm, he's resting on my hip (that boy is getting heavy). Ash runs in and looks at us, then says, "Mommy, can you hold me too?" I smile but shake my head. "No, I can't right now." She cocks her head to the side and says, "Why? You have another arm."

11 comments

  1. I love Drop Dead Diva! Is it on again? I thought it was cancelled! I too had a shot glass collection in high school. Not sure what to do with them all now! I will probably have a party where we are all using them. Lol Past that portion of my life. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post. sometimes we just need to tell ourselves ITS OKAY. and amen to the amazon wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying Bramwell! When you start season 2, let me know, I'm so there! It's too much splendidness to bear on your own. (-; We must get through it together somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Jenna's. I have a decorative wine glass collection. They are much bigger than shot glasses, and I have no where to put them. I have some cookbook shelves in my kitchen where I have them currently, but I feel like I look like a drunk with all the wine glasses on display! ha! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittney, I stole your idea. I have a cabinet with cookbooks and now there's a jillion shot glasses crowded in there with them!

      Delete
  5. I'm reading Game of Thrones too! And BTW, you have my dream job. I would love to be a book editor!

    Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping in from the Comment Challenge. I also have a small collection of shot glasses and other cool beverage glasses, with no place to put them. :( They are tucked away in the cabinet until a use for them arises.

    Robin
    rwilliams2009.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so obsessed with Amazon lately! I don't know what it is, but it's addicting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE pretty much all things BBC. If they made it, chances are I'll love it. Did you watch Downton Abby? I also enjoy Drop Dead Diva too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed with Downton Abbey. Amazing.

      Delete
  9. Amazon is awesome. =) I have an "announcer" at my house that the sun is up as well. This morning he wanted to pull back the drapes at 7am. Ummmm......NO. ;o) I'm stopping in from Jenna's Journey and following now. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!