Getting Back into the Groove



Hi Loveys! How was your weekend? Ours was good since Michelle and her family were visiting. It was so fun seeing Buddy and Michelle and Gillian. Michelle and I have been two peas in a pod since we met at the spring-chicken age of 12. And it's just an amazing feeling to watch our own two little girls play together. Take a look at these adorable pics:




But now they're back to the great state of Texas and we're back to getting into the groove of things. And by groove, I mean work overload, house stuff overload, and kid overload. I've spent the morning cleaning, doing laundry, and cleaning up Ash's room. And realizing that every single closet in my house needs a complete overhaul.

In two hours we go to a friend's princess birthday party (to be honest, I am as excited as Ash about that! I'm thinking I'll even put a tiny bit of makeup on Ash). All the while, work stuff has been floating around in the back of my mind--my to-do list of project stuff that needs my attention but has to wait till tomorrow. You know that feeling of anxiety building up somewhere inside you? It hasn't surfaced full-fledged yet, but you get the sense that it's coming? Like an avalanche? Yeah, I know that one too. I've been thinking of going ahead and planning a date night with Jeff this weekend, just in preparation. Does anyone recommend the Batman movie? Does it deliver?

Well, after eating all kinds of yummy stuff while company was in town, Jeff and I both feel the need for another cereal diet situation. So again this week, we're planning on cereal for dinner (just us, not for Ash and Linc. They will be eating regular. Which is to say, irregular, but whatever). I've also been pretending that my exercise bike no longer exists. Sadly, that will have to change. You know what else is a good workout? Jump rope! The other day I found a jump rope in the garage (it came with Jeff's punching bag and gloves) and I took it out on the deck to jump rope, which I loved to do when I was a kid. Um . . . friends, it's a lot harder than it was back then or something. Holy cow, it nearly killed me. Whenever something nearly kills you, it's usually a good idea to try it again (when it comes to working out, or so I've been told). So I may try to do a little more jumping rope in the near future.

So, all that to say, this little girl needs to get her groove back. I'm deciding now to do the overhaul of the closets before summer is over. It needs to happen. I need to box up clothes that don't fit the kids anymore. And I need to get back on that bike and master jumping rope.

What do you need to do before summer's over, loveys?




1 comment

  1. The jump rope is hard! But an awesome workout!

    I have been off from work since Wednesday and go back tomorrow...bittersweet because Tommy is better on a schedule but I really don't want to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!