If You Really Knew Me

The fabulous Ashley at Adventures of Newlyweds did this post (and borrowed the idea from someone else who did the same thing) and so I am borrowing the idea from her.

If you really knew me . . .

- You'd know I drink too much soda and tea and coffee and I'm not worried about it.

- You'd know that my family means everything to me and that distance hasn't changed that at all. I went off to college at age 18 and haven't lived at home on a permanent basis since then. We're still super close and sometimes it breaks my heart that I'm not nearer to my extended family. But wherever we are, I know I'm extra lucky to have a family whose hearts are stuck together like glue.

- You'd know that books make up probably 67% of who I am. (I don't know where I came up with that number.) And that I've loved Robin Gunn books since middle school. And that my love of writing probably originates with a little couple known as Christy and Todd.

- You'd know that I'm half Hispanic and have super dark hair, and I'm still stunned by the fact that I've got Goldilocks for a daughter.

- You'd know that I'm such a fraidy cat! Who knows why! I can't handle horror movies (or even just really scary ones). When Jeff's not home at night, I turn into a crazy person and have been known to call the police because I'm afraid of suspicious cars in the neighborhood.

- You'd know that Christmas music is paramount to my life. It was even mentioned in my interview for the job I have now. When my boss asked me how I deal with stress, I said the first thing that came into my mind (I don't recommend this). I told him, "I listen to Christmas music." (It's kind of amazing that I got the job.)

- You'd know that I can't sing to save my life and I have no rhythm. And this is terrible because I love music and I should be able to do those things!

- You'd know that people remembering my birthday is really important to me. (And eating cake.)

- You'd know that having babies (the labor and delivery part, not the raising kids part) terrifies me. Terrifies me. But I know the outcome is worth it. I've had really bad experienes with the epidural situation, so getting the epidural terrifies me as much as labor. But I definitely think it's worth it. :) God gives us grace when we need it.

- You'd know that pajamas and Downton Abbey (and maybe a strawberry margarita) are my idea of a fun night.

- You'd know I have all sorts of insecurities like everybody else. But I think being married to Jeff gives me a sense of confidence. I always have that one person who will think I'm beautiful (or at least say it) when I have a red nose and feel awful; he'll always be on my side when someone's hurt my feelings; he'll always choose me. That kind of relationship gives you confidence. And that's what we try to give Ash and Linc.


7 comments

  1. This is SUCH a great picture of you!
    And xmas music = instant happiness. That's hilarious you said it at a job interview lol!
    Your husband sounds so amazing. you are so lucky he brings you so much stability, balance and confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thx, Leah! Yes, my hubby has his moments. :) Of course, then there are the moments when he drives me crazy. But I know I do that to him too.

      Delete
  2. This was nice Brandy! We have a few things in common too. .. Family, books Hispanic, wonderful supportive husband...I may carry on the chain if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting the epidural was one of the most painful parts of the whole delivery process for me and I dread ever having to get it again (though once it kicked in it was worth it).

    I also expect people to remember my birthday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Brandy! What a fun thing...thanks for sharing. Miss you and your sense of humor. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun to read about this fearless Brandy :)

    Good to know all about you :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!