A Little Sunday Social-ness


I'm linking up with Neeley & Ashley for Sunday Social because, well, it's awesome and why the heck not? I love to be social. Most of the time.


What is your favorite TV show of the past?
Hmm. I feel like we've talked about this. I was a major Dr. Quinn fan (I also loved that show Christy and Judging Amy and ER), but I think The O.C. might top it. Ryan and Seth were hilarious. I was so, so, so addicted to that show. So I'm going to go with The O.C. on this one. Do you know how many awesome quotes you could cite from that show? Me either. But I think it would be in the hundreds.

 

What is your current favorite TV show?
Game of Thrones (Well, in the fall. For the summer, it's Drop Dead Diva.)

Which reality show would you NEVER do?
What's the scary one? Paranormal Witness? Um, no way.

Which reality show would you LOVE to do?
I am really not about reality TV. It would give me so much anxiety to be on one of those shows! But Jeff would immediately say he'd want us to be on Yard Crashers. Seriously. There are days he just wants to hang out in Lowe's in the hope that we'll see that guy and his camera crew and take them home with us.

What is the TV personality/character that you feel is most like you?
No idea. But I can tell you who I think I'd love to hang out with: Giuliana Rancic. Or Ellen.

Which TV character would you want to date?
Maybe Grayson from Drop Dead? Hmm. I suddenly feel like I don't watch enough TV to answer these questions. To be honest, we watch Disney and Nick at my house more than anything else!
I will admit that we watch a lot of TV in our house. And lots of movies. This isn't a new thing. Ever since Jeff and I have been together, we've liked watching TV shows together and renting movies and stuff. I know some parents are strict about how much TV time their kids get and that's understandable. But for us, we decided early on it wasn't going to be a big deal in our house. And it's just not. We watch a lot of Disney and Nickelodeon and we rent kid movies from the library. We enjoy TV and movies, and we love snuggling up with Ash and watching kid stuff with her.

Growing up at my house, my mom would take me and Sara to the grocery store and we'd get to rent a video and it was always so fun. We loved it. My mom made it fun. And we'd have nights at home where we all watched shows together, and honestly, I love those memories. We had tons of Christmas movie favorites that we'd watch all during the holiday season (and still do). When I was older, my BFF and I would record Days of our Lives and watch it together religiously. Loved it.
Some families play a lot of board games or video games or do arts and crafts. I have a feeling we'll be one of those game families as the kids get older. Jeff and I both like board games and he loves video games. But for the moment, we watch TV. It's just the Bruce way and it works for us. :)

14 comments

  1. i miss the oc!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman!! You just brought back SO many memories. I was OBSESSED with that show and had such a crush on Sully! Haha!

    Happy Sunday, hun! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. I totally had a crush on Sully!

      Delete
  3. I must admit...I do miss Chrisma-kuh :) too bad The O.C. jumped the shark once Marissa bit the dust :( I loved it! Also, is it bad that I still record Days? I hadn't watched in almost 5 years and was able to pick right up with my friends in Salem!

    We feel the same way about tv at our house with our 2 babies :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    xoxo,
    Lyndsey

    www.theeyelinermanifesto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrismakuh! Loved those episodes. And I couldn't believe they killed off Marisa! She was so important to the show! And the craziness that is Days is always addicting!

      Delete
  4. Another Drop Dead Diva Fan! I just love that show. Same here, I take my son out places (park, kid's gym, beach etc.), but at the end of the day we are homebodies snuggling and watching Nick Jr. , Disney Jr., mom's shows (my shows), or movie rentals. Thanks for visiting my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Drop Dead Diva! But I'm feeling like the guardian-angel-falling-for-Stacey is a little old. I hope they change things up!

      Delete
  5. I didn't even think of HGTV/DIY/Home Improvement type shows to be on. I want to change my answer! lol I keep hearing how awesome Game of Thrones is. Makes me wish we had HBO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally rent Game of Thrones! They have season 1 at our library, you should check yours!

      Delete
  6. i've actually watched the oc 3 times now from start to finish! love that show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the banter between Seth and Ryan. Seth is so freaking hilarious!

      Delete
  7. i loved dr. quinn and the OC! and i love game of thrones :) have you read the books? so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading the books now! Well, I'm waiting for Feast for Crows at the library, but I just finished Storm of Swords. Lovin' it!

      Delete
  8. Ahh I looooved Dr. Quinn!!

    I am so interested in Game of Thrones, but I feel like it's too late for me to get into it. I watched a few of the early episodes, but it was too hard to follow the storyline while simultaneously watching a baby. Think it's too late for me?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!