The Soundtrack of Our Lives

Hi Loveys. How's your Monday? To be honest, mine is a little mixed. A good friend of my family's went to heaven this morning. I've known her since about the time I was in the third grade. She made my wedding veil for me. She was absolutely one of the THE most precious and loving women I've ever met in my life. She's the kind of person that you want to be like when you grow up. Everyone will miss her. I'm so, so sad for her family right now. But I'm so thankful that I was lucky enough to know her. And it's comforting to know she's with Jesus at this very moment.

Still, days like this are absolutely heartbreaking.

It seems like so many things are going on right now. We've had all the drama of the fires in Colorado. My parents live in Virginia and they've had all the drama of the storms and they're still without power in their house. That's not all that fun when it's more than a hundred degrees outside. I told you guys about my sweet friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer this past week. I keep thinking about her and worrying about her and wanting her to be okay. I also keep wondering what's going on with my youngest sister in Kenya.

In the midst of all this, my kids were all over the place all weekend, so Jeff and I have been worn out for a few days now. And as you know, when you're worn out, you have a tendency to get on each other's nerves. My time out with Sara yesterday helped. Jeff and I are pretty good at recognizing when either of us needs time away and picking up the slack so we can do that when we need to. I think I might need that more than I ask for it, but I'm working on it.

The truth is that things change so fast it's hard to keep up. One week, Linc is confined to his exersaucer, the next week he's mobile and heading for the stairs. One week I feel like I'm being good and healthy and the next week I'm hungry every half hour and eating entire cans of honey-roasted peanuts and bowls of Fruity Pebbles cereal and Triple Chocolate Bluebell ice cream (it's delicious, by the way. Just sayin'). One day I've got lots of patience, the next day I have zero. Some days are chock-full of happiness. Some days are hard to take. And you can have all those days in the span of one weekend and you start to feel just a little unsteady. Do you know what I mean? Have you ever felt that way?

Well, on another note, I've discovered Spotify, loveys. I can tell I'm just going to love it. What are you listening to? What's on the soundtrack of your life right now? Is there anything you recommend?



As for me, this was the soundtrack of my life today:

1. God's Not Dead - Newsboys

2. Brandy Alexander - Feist

3. Can't Help Falling in Love - Ingrid Michaelson

4. Addicted to Love - Florence + the Machines

5. Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Spin Doctors

6. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

7. We Are Young - Fun.

8. I Am Second - Newsboys

9. Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips

10. I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz




2 comments

  1. I've had that kind of weekend too, where one day is calm and I'm patient but the next day I've lost it all.

    So sorry about your loss. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. These are hard days.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!