Sunday Social: All About Food and Bonus Recipe!


Hi Loveys! How's your weekend? We're OK over here except the Lincolnator (I know, we're terrible with creating names over here. Asharoni is my favorite) has come down with a runny nose and the poor guy is not feeling his best. Dad and Ash are headed to church this morning while Mom and Linc stay home and don't spread the germs to all the other babies. Anyway, I'm linking up for Sunday Social cause it's about one of my fave topics: food! :)

1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is a hard one because I get really sick of having the same thing. After a couple of days, I can't take it anymore. I love, love, love pepperoni and pineapple pizza. I could have that once every week for the rest of my life, but not every day!


2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Gosh, I can only pick one? Hmm. Well, I really love donuts (especially from Shipley's in Texas). Regular glazed or chocolate covered--delicious! I also love Oreos with milk. Birthday cake with lots of sugary icing and vanilla ice cream. The list goes on.

  What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
I ate alligator once while I was in Louisiana. Also, I ate escargot when Jeff and I went on our cruise. (Neither were the coolest.)

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Beets, cottage cheese, vegetable soup

5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Probably roast with potatoes and carrots. Both my mom and my grandmother made it, and just the smell of it makes me happy. It was one of those meals we had on Sundays after church or whenever we went to visit my grandmother in Lufkin, Texas.

6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
I'm sharing my recipe for Lobster Bisque (and this means you're special because it's a signature dish!). The story behind it is that I've been good friends with one of my English professors since my freshman year of college, Laurie Nutter. She's awesome and we hit it off from the start and to this day, we get together when I'm in Lynchburg and I just love her. Well, this new restaurant in Lynchburg had opened up--Neighbor's Place--and Laurie and I went and they had this seafood bisque that was to-die-for good. When I moved to Colorado, I was always on the lookout for seafood bisque, but never found it anywhere. There was this amazing little restaurant near my work called Plate, World Cuisine, where we would take authors or agents sometimes. They had lobster bisque, so I tried it thinking it would be similar to seafood bisque. And ohmigosh it was and I fell in love with it! I started looking for recipes that tasted similar and finally found one. It's kind of a pain to make, to be honest. But it's fabulous and very impressive if you want to make it for company!

So I'll write up the recipe and post it after this post! (It's time for said Lincolnator to take a nap!)

12 comments

  1. Mmm that lobster bisque looks like it is yummy!!
    Very cute blog!

    New follower :)
    Look forward to continue reading your blog!

    xo
    Christina
    Livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for stopping by! I'll hop over and visit you!

      Delete
  2. I put pineapple on my pizza too! If I have glazed donuts, I always put them in the microwave to warm them up and melt the glaze a bit. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lobster bisque too, but I've never attempted making it. Not sure I could pull it off, but I'd still love to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe I posted is pretty simple, just time consuming. But the result is delish!

      Delete
  4. Mmmm I'm drooling just reading your post! That pizza sounds amazing, I love pineapple on my pizza! And donuts...oh I could eat those ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, beets. I am not a fan and avoid them at all costs too! lol Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donuts! I always forget about them, but they're one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard such good things about Shipleys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are more adventerous with trying "weird" foods when we are on the cruise ships too. Mostly because we dont really know what we are ordering! One time we ordered foie gras, and didnt find out until we got home that it was duck liver! (It did not taste good!) That doughnut picture makes me totally want a doughnut now! YUm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me hungry. I could eat Lou Malnati's pizza for #1. I'm with you with the cottage cheese. Yuck! That Lobster Bisque looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY...doughnuts are the best...I miss "Krispy Kreme" in Alabama...served hot and fresh! And they also use them to make a hamburger...talk about YUM! Looks weird...tastes UHHHHMAZING!

    Found you thru the Sunday Social...and I'm your newest follower! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!