Weekend Recap

How are my loveys this Monday morning? Well, I wanted to do a quick recap on life in the Bruce home over the weekend. Saturday was one of those days where we all just wanted out of the house. Sometimes our house can feel like it's shrinking when we're all home and Linc is moving in his walker and Ash is whining for her fourth yogurt. So we packed up the fam and went shopping for birthday party stuff. The pile of pirate stuff in my laundry room is getting bigger and bigger. I had to keep telling Jeff no when he picked up things like pirate wigs and swords and stuff for big people. I reminded him that it's Lincoln's birthday. You know . . . the baby? No one in our house felt like cooking this weekend so we picked up McDonald's for dinner. (We can always count on Ash to eat nuggets so it's our go-to dinner for her.)

Sara and I went to the movies late that afternoon and the kids were in bed by the time I got home.

Anyway, so Sunday was a quiet day. Ashtyn played all day--inside and out. Since we missed pizza night Friday, we ordered pizza Sunday evening. Owen returned on Drop Dead Diva. What in the world happened to the Jane getting together with Grayson idea, people? Does no one understand how important this is to me?! Grrr.

I somehow squeezed in a good amount of work-time both Saturday and Sunday. So, not all that exciting of a weekend, but getting work-stuff done was important and necessary. I'm feeling the need for a favorite movie marathon soon. Maybe 12 hours of Anne of Green Gables. Or a watch-until-you-drop all day BBC marathon. Or best chick flicks.  Speaking of chick flicks, let's talk more about that so important genre soon. For now, Linc just woke up from his nap. Gotta run, loveys! What did you do this weekend?

5 comments

  1. We made a special trip over to Albany for some tax-free shopping only to realize tax-free is next weekend. Still scored some cute stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always nice when you can go out & then when you get home the kids are already asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a little bit of productivity {ad chicken nuggets!} are exactly what everyone needs! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving Anne of Green Gables! As for chick flicks, I haven't seen any good ones lately. Would love to see some suggestions! Sisters are great for watching those with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for the Sunshine award! Stop by my blog to read more about it! :)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!