Mommy/Daughter Tea Party

 
 
So my sweet sis Sara got a groupon deal for me and Miss Ashtyn to go to a Mommy/Daughter dress-up and tea party event in Denver. SO fun! I didn't realize that Mommy had to dress up too, but that was part of it and all of us mommies were getting dressed up like it was prom or something. Honestly, Ashtyn had such a great time and it will be a forever memory for me. She dressed up, had her nails done (we both did, when I tried to have mine done sans glitter, Ash insisted. So I had pink glitter nails, too), and they fixed her hair (mine too. FYI, the hair spray also had glitter in it). We took pictures (of course, she did not cooperate during that part. Grrr). Then we had our tea party, with tea and sandwiches and ice cream to top it off. I so recommend doing this with your little princess!







By the time we got home, Jeff was extremely ready to get out of the house. (Being home with Lincoln will do that to you.) So we decided to take a drive and then go out for dinner. Really, I feel like we never learn. Remember how when we had dinner at Outback, we promised never to go eat out with the kids again? How quickly we forget. I was certainly reminded when the man behind me told me that Lincoln was continually poking him in the head with a straw. Ooops. Then Lincoln flings a tortilla behind him (which lands in the booth next to the man behind me. Major oops). Ashtyn, for some reason, insists on not listening when we're in public. It's like she knows there's only so much we can do. As usual, Jeff and I practically had to inhale our food so we could leave quickly. The one consolation (two consolations actually) was that the food was delicious and I didn't have to clean up. But I did apologize profusely to the waiter as we left--since it looked like a natural disaster had swept our table.

So gosh, it was a busy Saturday. But it was a good one (minus Linc annoying the man at the restaurant). And my date with Ashtyn was just such a treat. I need to set aside more alone time with her. Well, loveys, Mommy needs to go wash the glitter out of her hair. :) How was your Saturday?

19 comments

  1. Grandpa at the other table needed to get over it!!!ol I bet he annoyed some man with a straw when he was young too!!!! Haha
    Love reading your blogs!!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! Makes me sad I didnt have a little girl haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Tea Party! I attended one too for my niece this weekend. It was just the girls that dressed up and were made up with polish and glitter hair. I'll be writing about it later this week. :) Don't you just love that mommy daughter time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise there is much less glitter to deal with once your little girl becomes a teen. It's nice to meet you from SITS! I'm a romance author/blogger - so I felt a special connection with you when I read you were a editor/writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day!

    Your dinner reminds me of when I came down here to visit my sister. My children were 2.5 and 1. The Boy was always pretty well-behaved, but The Girl was trying to climb out of the high chair before dinner even came. My sister was like, "Wow! She's busy!"

    It does get better. Eventually they learn that if they want to eat out, they have to behave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you really got some wonderful time with your little girl. I look forward to being able to do that with our princesses (sans hair glitter-I hope). Have a great SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute tea party!!!

    Happy SITS Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun day!! Happy SITS day :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy SITS day! That looks like such a fun date! I wish I had a daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day! I would love to have a chance to dress up with my daughters. SO cute!

    Visiting from SITS -- today is YOUR day!

    Lemon Drop Pie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking one kid out is one thing, but two? I'm enjoying being able to eat in restaurants while I still can.

    Congrats on your SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy SITS Day to you!

    That tea party is the cutest thing. My daughter would LOVE it. She loves to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tea party sounds like it was so much fun! What a great thing to share with your daughter.

    Stopping by from SITs. Happy Sits Day!

    Ari

    www.creativelysassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun time with your daughter at the tea! My kids are 14-21, so things like that just don't happen anymore. On the other hand, they're much easier to take out to eat. I guess it's a trade off.

    Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea, I love that tea party!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a wonderful idea! My six-year-old daughter would love something like that - especially that Mommy has to dress up too! Eating out will get easier. At three and six my two are almost bearable at restaurants now...almost ;)

    Happy SITS day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW FUN!!!! You girls look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sadly I am all too familiar with the "dinner with kids" saga. My boys are 4 and 2, and every time we try to go out I end up thinking "why did we do this again?" Maybe the next time will be different... ;) Congrats on your SITS day! I love your blog and am headed up to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha! I laughed out loud about the poking the guy in the head ; ) My son would do that too! This was a really cute post!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!