Sunday Social

 
How's your weekend going? We spent Saturday having a picnic with the kids at Garden of the Gods and then going to the arcade in Manitou Springs. I made chicken and dumplings for dinner so Jeff was singing my praises. It was a good Saturday. We visited a new church this morning (I've got some thoughts on visiting new churches that I want to share with you, probably tomorrow).  I've got a baby shower to go to today but I wanted to touch base with you guys. So I'm linking up with Ashley and Neely today for Sunday Social!
 
1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??
 
My blog is A Little Bit of Brandy and I figured it worked since I'm basically giving people a little snippet of my life. It's not a minute-by-minute retelling of my daily life, but I do try to give my readers an accurate look at who I am and what my life looks like. (For the record, my initial plan was to call my blog A Shot of Brandy. Then I thought it might sound like this is a blog only about alcohol--so that was out.)
 
2. What do you love the most about blogging??
 
I love the community blogging gives you. I've met friends through the blog world that are just so cool and it's fun to get to peek into other people's worlds. I like sharing parenting thoughts, venting thoughts, recipes, photos--all that fun stuff.
 
3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
 
 
4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?
Give yourself some time to get into your groove. You'll find your voice. And don't stress over followers. Do you what you can to get your blog out there and to find readers, but at the end of the day, there's only so much you can do. Concentrate on writing good material.
 
5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?
It's harder than it looks.
 
6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love.
 
 

2 comments

  1. Nice to see you again! Like your answers to #2 & #4!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the blog shout out! You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!