Halloween Came Early to Colorado

Welcome to the Bruce house! What do you think of my new door? I am just telling you, I love it.


So, today, Halloween came early to our house. We had a little Halloween get together/ playdate with some moms and other kids. It was the best kind of mayhem. When you get kids together, it's just going to be chaotic fun. And it was. We had a great time. I hope all the other moms and kiddos enjoyed it as much as Ash and Linc and I did. We had Halloweenish snacks: cupcakes, mummy rolls (hot dogs), candy corn rice krispie treats (I am in love with these things), chocolate fondue and strawberries and apples, cheese puffs, chips and queso, and everyone got to take home a caramel apple.


Probably the funnest part was getting to see the kids in all their costumes. Adorable! We had vampires, dragons, princesses, pirates, a teddy bear, a bumble bee, an octopus--so much cuteness. Thankfully the weather was perfect, so the kids got to play outside after they filled up on sugar. We also had a craft session where all the kids surrounded the coffee table and pasted stickers on Halloween cut-outs. There's just something so fun about a bunch of little tots in costumes. :) Gotta love it.

We did this daytime Halloween get together a couple of years ago at our friends' house, and I thought it was such a good idea that I offered to host this year. On Halloween night, we're all trick-or-treating in our respective neighborhoods or down our own streets, so by having a little party beforehand, I actually get to take pics of Ash and her friends in costume. I love that we've known some of these friends since since before we had kids. So we've got pictures of all our kids growing up together. That's really special to me. And I love that we're making new friends for Ash and Linc to grow up with!

So let me just share with you this rice krispie treat recipe. It was all kinds of yummy.You need:

6 cups of rice krispie cereal
6 cups of little marshmallows
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups candy corn
Spray a 13x9 pan with butter spray (or whatever kind). In a large bowl, mix together cereal and candy corn. Melt the butter over the stove in a large pot. Add marshmallows and stir until they're completely melted and gooey. Add the rice krispie/candy corn mix. Once that's mixed well, pour into the greased pan. Spray a spatula and use that to pat the mix down into the pan. Set in the fridge for about 20 minutes. I cut them up in squares, and for myself, I dipped a few squares in the chocolate fondue. Um, seriously good. Try it! :)

3 comments

  1. It was such a fun party! The food was so good... the kids were so cute. we even got to chat alot about important issues with the moms. Thanks for hosting! My dream before kids was to celebrate such things together with my friends and I am so glad I get to live my dream with you all.

    Your door - looks like a story book door, bold and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we're sharing these life moments together!

      Delete
  2. I concur - it was such a fun party. You did an amazing job and thank you for letting us be a part of it.

    Digging the door!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!