Hello Friday, Goodbye Autumn

I think winter just showed up in Colorado, loveys. Freezing temps, possible snow, gray sky--yeah, it looks suspiciously like winter over here. Remember when I told you that if you blink, you just might miss autumn in Colorado? This is what I was talking about. While I think there were snow flurries last night, I didn't see any. But I'm thinking I'll see some in the morning. And while I'm not ready for winter and I absolutely want fall to return next week, I do always get excited about the first snow of the season. There's just something exciting about seeing that first snowfall.

Anyway, well, as far as Fridays go, this one was a tricky one. Unfortunately, the Jeffster hurt his back last night. The kind of hurt where you can't stand up straight and every movement is killer. First thing this morning he went to a chiropractor for some relief. And the adjustment did help, but not enough. He'll probably have to go back in a day or two. He's hobbled over and in so much pain right now. I'd hoped we might drive up to the mountains this weekend, but one look at Jeff and I have a feeling he can't go anywhere right now. It's probably too chilly for the kids anyway. I don't want Linc's permanently runny nose to turn into a real cold. So tonight I loaded up on groceries for the weekend. I'll put together a beef stew in the crockpot tomorrow morning. Also, I'm making this breakfast casserole tomorrow that I'm super excited about. My friend Nancy made it and I literally had at least three servings at her house (maybe four, but that shouldn't count since I shared with Lincoln that last time). It was without a doubt the best breakfast casserole I've ever tasted. So I'm giving it a go tomorrow and we'll see how mine turns out. I'll let you know. If it's good, I'll share the recipe with you guys. Tonight I made a carrot cake (just to test out my new flipping-the-bottom-layer style, which I'm sold on).

The kids are finally in bed and Jeff and I are going to watch The Five-Year Engagement, if I can stay awake. Since Jeff's really hurting, I've been trying to corral the kids on my own. In other words, Mama's tired. :) I'll be in touch tomorrow, Loveys!



4 comments

  1. Mmmmm carrot cake and beef stew! I'll be over in a bit! Haha! I hope you and the hubs enjoyed your movie night. Did you like The Five Year Engagement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really a fan of the movie. The beginning was really cute and funny and then it just sort of went off in a long, boring direction where they were trying too hard to be funny and it came off as too dumb and depressing. :( Bummer. I recommend Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Jason Segel, though, and the Devil Wears Prada with Emily Blunt!

      Delete
  2. Love carrot cake! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how was the movie? I really want to see it. Beef stew is so good on a fall day. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!