Randomness and No Snow

No snow, folks. That's okay. I know it'll be here before we know it. This is Colorado after all. We've had sleet all day and it is freezing outside. Brrr. I did end up making a huge batch of beef stew. Enough so that I could pack up some and take it over to my sister and brother-in-law. Beef stew is one of my favorite meals on cold days. The Jeffster is unfortunately still in a lot of pain and walking slightly hunched over. Poor guy. He woke up in so much pain that he went to the doctor first thing this morning for some pain meds and he ended up getting a shot.


Remember I told you guys we were going to watch The Five-Year Engagement last night? Well, I was really disappointed with it. The first half was super funny and cute and then it just kind of dragged on and went in a boring direction where they were trying way too hard to be funny. Bummer because I just love Emily Blunt. Did you ever see her in The Young Victoria? If not, see it! It's so good! I absolutely love that movie. Speaking of long engagements, Jeff and I definitely fall into that category. We were engaged for more than three years. But I think that's mainly because we got engaged so young. I was 20 and I didn't want to get married before I finished college. So we waited until that happened, and then we got married. I'm glad for that. Even now, I think 23 is young to get married! I think people often get married older these days, which can have its own pros and cons, I guess.

So I was listening to Christmas music off and on all day. What can I say? Cold weather makes me think of Christmas, and I am a huge fan of Christmas. It's the most wonderful time of the year. :) In fact, I bought a teeny Christmas present today for someone. Really, I think it's good to start shopping early. You know how crazy things get in December. And I'm someone who likes to plan out gifts and find things that I think are special for people. I mean, just getting presents is super fun. But I'd rather buy fewer gifts and have each one be something special.

By the way, I made the breakfast casserole this morning and it was delicious! (But, Nancy, I still think yours was better. Maybe I didn't put enough cheese in it? Or the fact that I used bacon instead of sausage? You'll have to tell me what kind of sausage you used.) Since Jeff didn't have Nancy's casserole to compare mine too, he was pretty much loving it just like I loved Nancy's. I'm telling you, loveys, this casserole is yum. Here's the link to the recipe (you can use sausage or bacon, and you can substitute cream of potato for the cottage cheese, if you want)): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cheesy-amish-breakfast-casserole/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=amish%20breakfast&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page





6 comments

  1. Mark loves it too. We need to have brunch together and feast!

    miss you & your family.

    love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the snow just prefers to sneak up on us overnight, all ninja-style.
    But, it was super cold today, for sure!
    Happy Saturday!
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you were super young when you got engaged! Glad it didn't snow. It's too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Blunt is in Looper which I saw last night. That movie wasn't all that great. It had some nudity in it and I saw a few younger kids in the theatre. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the "Weekend Blog Walk" - new follower :)

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef Stew sounds yummy! I got my fall decorations down out of the attic yesterday. I felt disappointed that it wasn't my Christmas decor. I love Christmas too! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!