Dazed and Dizzy

 
 
Loveys, is it really about to be Thanksgiving? I feel like this fall has been whirling past me. I can't believe Halloween's already over! I want things to slow down. I love Christmas too much for it to just flash by me. How do you slow things down for your family?

So before I forget, you know how I recently told you about how sweet it was that Ash was asking Jeff to play with her--he'd be the prince and she'd be the princess? Right. Adorable. So Ash wanted to play with Mommy yesterday. Here's what she said to me: "Mommy, you'll be the monster. I'll be the human."

I'm serious. Jeff gets to be Prince Charming. Mommy gets to be King Kong.

Moving on. Well, I'm super excited about Thanksgiving next week. I can't wait to see family and eat turkey and dressing and pie and green-bean casserole and rolls (not in that order). It has been almost a year since I've seen my parents. I can't really even fathom how that has happened. I talk to them all the time so I don't feel like there's a huge distance between us, but there is. And we've Skyped every now and then. But it's been a long time since we were together and I am ready for that to happen. (And for Grandma and Grandpa to babysit my little darlings!) Thanksgiving is wonderful because you get all the perks of the special dinner, without the pressure of gifts and all that. Not that I don't love gifts, because I do. But it's nice to just enjoy being together without presents. Though I am planning to become a crazy woman and go shopping on Black Friday as usual. I'll let you  know how it goes. Remember last year, I rushed around like mad, filling up my basket? Then realized I didn't need half of what I'd grabbed so I had to abandon ship? Or the year before, when I was in such a hurry I got halfway down the street before realizing I hadn't put in my contacts? Who knows what this year will bring!

Well, it's beginning to look a little like Christmas over here. It's freezing outside today and we might get a few flurries. Sara and I are having a sister night and staying at a hotel, watching White Christmas. Can't wait.

How are you guys doing? Is the season flying by for you? Or have you managed to slow things down for your famiy? If so, share your advice on how to do that!

*Stop here for a weekend blog hop!

5 comments

  1. great photo...
    I know the holidays are coming up too fast and I wish I knew how to slow it down to enjoy more time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family photo! And the comment about Prince Charming vs King Kong - hilarious!!!

    As for the HOLIDAYS I love FALL, I love Thanksgiving and each year I am getting more excited about christmas - i think it is the wonder, the family time, the excitement of the kids!!!

    IF you are interested I am having a great giveaway - take a look...
    http://www.momfittingitallin.com/2012/11/supporting-small-businesses-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandy, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Friday Chaos.

    I'm with you, I can't believe TG is right around the corner. It's been so crazy around here with Sandy, and then the Nor'Easter, and TG is early this year. I haven't really even thought about it yet!

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it either how fast this year just flew by! My littlest one will turn two in December! How in the world!? love the family pic! and yes... mommies usually get to be the monster! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be so nice for you to see your family again. I'm sure that everyone will be excited!

    I have my turkeys but no sides ready or ingredients bought for Thanksgiving. I'm going to finish that up next weekend and then start baking and such.

    The weekend blog hop is not working. It says that the blog is offline.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!