Almost There.

Girls, we're literally hours away from Friday. I don't know about you, but I am so ready for the weekend this week! I think it's because it's felt like a really slow week to me, I'm ready to get to the freedom of the weekend. I'm ready to spend more time with Jeff, have more help with the kiddos. We don't have a lot going on this weekend, but that's okay. I'd like to do some cooking. I know I need to do some cleaning.

So as for the anniversary coming up on the 8th. We've decided to renew our vows! It's our ten-year, and to be honest, I think Jeff and I had always hoped we'd do something grand by the time we reached ten years. You know, Italy or something. But the truth is, that's just not where we are right now. We're not comfortable leaving the kids for long periods of time, and we're not comfortable being in a different state (or country!) than where they are. I know I'd be worried about them the whole time. Jeff too. (I think he's more paranoid than I am.) So for me, we might as well wait till they're a little older and we can travel without so much worry and fear. The money aspect is another issue. Is it better to travel or to spend money on house projects you've wanted to take care of for a long time? I keep thinking if we re-did our floors (as a gift to each other), I'd enjoy that for longer than a weekend away. Sheesh. Who knows! Floor guy has still not given us an estimate so I still don't really know if it's an option. (I think we're about to find a new floor guy.)

Regardless, the renewing of the vows thing has been on my mind for a while. Ten years just feels like a good time to refresh all that. We've had a lot of change over the past four years. I can explain almost all of it with one word: children.

But really, this love story still all started back when Jeff was sweeping the street behind the furniture store and Brandy was driving down the alley after leaving the title company. It started with us and ten years together is something to celebrate. Have any of you done the renewing of the vows thing? What did you do? Did you go to a church? Was it just the two of you or did you have your family with you?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd love to wear my wedding dress. Mind you, the first time I wore it, well, that was two children ago. Wearing it might not be an option. Sara sweetly told me not to worry about it whatsoever. "If it doesn't fit, it just isn't the right dress for this occasion." I love her. :) We'll see, I guess.

There are so many gorgeous places here in Colorado, I'm positive we'll do the vow thing outside somewhere. The fun part to me is that Ash and Linc will be with us. Well, now that I'm saying that, I'm remembering who they are and the fact that they will not be still. We might have to recruit help for that.

I'm thinking about that wedding dress and the cheesy Doritos and oatmeal cookies I had for lunch.

Oh dear.

I may have to also relive the starvation-before-wedding we all know so well.

Let's take a look at the wedding album for old time's sake . . .

 
 
 
 

 

4 comments

  1. Pretty pictures!! I think that it would be really cool to renew vows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Love your dress. We are also renewing our vows this year. Yay for 10 years! Congrats. Time flies, huh? I can hardly believe it's been 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeff and Brandy! My brother/sis-in-law renewed at ten years. She wore a brightly colored dress, but it was in their church, with friends and family. And a big dinner party afterwards. It was very fun and special. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you end up getting a different dress, something that might be fun is to display your dress at the dinner or next to a guest book - just something to show it off :) I displayed my moms wedding dress at our reception as a memorial to her, but I think it would be a fun and unique thing for a vow renewal!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!