Sunday Social!


I decided to link up with Ashley and Neely for Sunday Social. Let's chat.

What's your ideal way to relax?
Super hot shower first, then a romcom or period piece movie to watch, chocolate of some kind, basically time alone in a clean, pretty space with peace and quiet.
 
Where is your favorite place to be?
Home is my very favorite. If not my house, anywhere with my parents or sisters or extended family.
 
Who do you consider your biggest role model?
That's tricky. I feel like I look up to people for different things. Some women I admire for how successful they are professionally, some women I admire for how healthy their marriages are after so many years, some women I admire for how amazing they are at motherhood, and some women I admire for how well they keep their home and how talented they are at decorating. I have friends in mind who I admire because of how great they are at being a good friend. That's important to me. So I can't think of just one woman who embodies all these things. We have different strengths.
Wait. There is one person. Jesus. I admire every single thing about Him. He's my role model. :)
 
What do you think your life looks like in 3 years?
Gosh, I'm not sure. I think in three years my husband and I will probably start thinking about moving to a new house. So maybe we'll be house hunting. I imagine I'll still be working as a book editor. I would love to have written another book, however. My daughter will be well in school by that time. I imagine we'll be going to school functions. Linc will be in preschool. I can only hope that potty-training is no longer happening at that time.  
 
If you could go back and change one decision, what would it be?
After reading that questions, my mind flooded with things. I have lots of things I'd change. They almost always have to do with decisions I regret. From small things like how I spoke to someone, I have things I wish I'd done differently. But thinking about those things doesn't really help me because I cannot control the past. It's over. I'd rather concentrate on the now. What decision do I need to make right now that will affect my life? Work harder, maybe? Show more patience and kindness? Be a more attentive wife? Be a friend to someone? That's what matters to me.
 
What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far.
My children. I was terrified of childbirth, to be honest. There were times when I wasn't sure I could ever do it. But well . . . I am woman, hear me roar. :) God gives us the grace we need to do what we think we can't. Having Ash and Linc are what I'm most proud of.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I was scared about Childbirth too. Stopping by for Sunday Social! I hope you all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!