Ten Years In . . .

How did ten years go by so fast?
Talk about #throwback Thursday. I'm having a definite "throwback" moment. Today, February 8th, is my (and Jeff's) ten-year wedding anniversary. Ten years of marriage, of unforgettable moments, of laughter, of tears, of life experience--all spent with one person by my side.

You know . . . it's harder than it looks. And that's okay. Most things worth having are. Today--all weekend really--we're celebrating our life together, our children, our blessings from God, and each other. In some ways, it's hard to believe it's been ten years. In other ways, when I look at how much has taken place, I can see how we've come that far. Are we where we thought we'd be after ten years together? I think in many ways we are. I'd hoped we'd have at least two children by this point. I'd hoped we'd be settled in our careers and have a home to call our own. Most of all, I planned on us being together, wherever life took us, I'd planned on us being together. And we are. With a little blonde-haired girl and brown-eyed boy cuddled up between us. Ten years ago I married the one person I knew I wanted to be with forever. I've never regretted that decision.  I'm so glad I married Jeff. When I look at Ashtyn and Lincoln, I can only thank God for the blessings of marriage and family. It's not perfect. We're not perfect. That day ten years ago . . . I could never have known that the future for us held Ashtyn and Lincoln. What an amazing surprise.

Family.

It's a beautiful thing. I'm so grateful.

So, happy anniversary, Jeff. It's our special day, sweetheart. I'm very excited to renew our vows tomorrow and to embark on the next ten years.


8 comments

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I can tell from your writing how much you love him and your family. I feel the same way about my brood and I always love seeing that from other women.

    Have fun this weekend!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the t-shirt! And I love that you are renewing your vows. So awesome. Congrats to both of you, and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! 10 years is a big deal!! I want to do a vow renewal for our 10 year as well, guess I better start planning, I only have 7 years left. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww happy anniversary!!!

    New follower from Aloha Friday!!
    The 5th Level of Motherhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to see happy married couples. I think people only hear the bad things about marriage and conclude that it can't work. We just have to keep proving them wrong. ;) Have a blessed anniversary.

    XO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Weekend. Time to visit and follow.
    Visit from Friday blog hop.
    I'm your new follower.
    Would be great if you stop by and link up your blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just wanted to come over and say hello to my fellow Aloha Blog Hop co-hosts! Hellooooo! Following you now! Lets be BFFs! ;)And happy Anniversary! Wow! Ten years!!!!! That's amazing!

    xoxox,
    ♥Janette
    Janette Lane Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for co hosting Aloha, i am an existing follower of your blog

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!