The Anniversary Post

Loveys! We did it! The vow renewal was a success. And with just a little luck, I fit into the dress. Yay! Saturday we dressed up for pictures and then stayed overnight at a hotel while Aunt Sara and Uncle Nemo stayed with our little darlings. I plan to post pics on this post and then again on Valentine's Day. (Sara is still editing and sending them to me. She was my awesome photographer this time around.) The pics were so much fun and it was crazy because we drove to downtown Denver and had about 10 minutes (not exaggerating!) before it started snowing like crazy. We pulled down an empty street near Union Station, Sara jumped out with me and Jeff, and we snapped pics for not even ten minutes before snow was coming down and I was freezing. So all those white specs you see are Colorado snow! Talk about getting things done in the nick of time!


I felt like a princess in my dress all over again and I can't tell you how much fun I had wearing it. Even today, Ash was snuggled up with me and said, "Mommy, I really love your princess dress." Priceless! :)


My brother-in-law is an ordained minister and he did the vow renewal with us. I think it surprised me how emotional I felt during the vows. At one point, Ash came over and stood right with us, then Lincoln tumbled over (not wanting to be left out!). Jeff said that was his favorite moment. Because that's the real 'us' of who we are today. So different from ten years ago when we stood in front of our friends and family and made those vows the first time. Now there are four of us and those little darlings are our world.


I am so glad we decided to renew our vows this anniversary. I think it made our 10-year extra memorable. Plus, I think it was just good for us. Ten years is a long time and we've come a long way together, but truthfully, we've got a long way to go. More years together and more life experience. And refreshing our commitment to each other was healthy for us. By this point, I think we both know that the commitment side of marriage is the foundation. All the love and attraction are important and great, but it's the commitment that gets you through the rough days.

And gosh, I want to thank Sara for all her help. She took amazing pictures and took wonderful care of our babies. I can't wait to post more pictures for you guys to see! Oh! And for everyone looking for Valentine's Day ideas, you might want to check out this post I did last year: When it comes to Valentine's Day...



So that was our weekend! How was yours?

11 comments

  1. Love the pictures. Congrats on 10 years. Your dress looks very well kept for it being 10 years old. I don't think I could fit in to mine anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Brandy! Great pictures and Congratulations on 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked great in your dress - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! The pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats- you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats. the pictures are beautiful and u look stunning.

    Hoping from Aloha Friday to visit u.
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so exciting! I love this post and it so inspirational. Beautiful! Newest follower from the hop!
    Kristal
    sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these pictures and love your about me section! Visiting from the hop :)

    storiesofkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. What a beautiful story! I love the pictures. Thanks for co-hosting.

    Vickie
    www.ohabbyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are breathtaking! And how sweet about your daughters comment on your princess dress! Following from the Aloha hop!

    Tiffany
    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most precious post ever!!!! Love love love!!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!