The Magic of Fridays

Is it really March? Oh my word. March brings to mind these things automatically: my Mimi's birthday and then my sister Sara's birthday. Sara's is at the very end. Mimi's is closer to the beginning. For some reason, that just reminded me that my grandfather's birthday was in September like mine. We were September babies and Mimi and Sara are March babies. Sara's birthday is fun for me. We like all the same things so shopping for her is like shopping for me. Easy and super fun. :) I always look forward to her birthday.

Speaking of Sara, her husband's father was recently diagnosed with cancer. I can't tell you how devastating this is for them. But if you've had family members with cancer, then you know. Please, please send up prayers for Nemo's dad, prayers for healing and strength. Below are pictures of Nemo and his parents. I just love my brother-in-law and his beautiful family and I'm praying for them every day.


I am so glad Friday's here. Seriously. There's just this magic when it comes to Friday. For us, it's pizza and movie night, and dessert is back on the menu (which thrills me and Jeff). Even more exciting, Blue Bell ice cream is on sale so this Texas girl will be taking herself to the grocery store to pick some up. :) What do Fridays look like for you? Busy? Family time? Date night?

Jeff spent all day at the river yesterday, fly fishing with a client. He came home as red as a tomato from being out in the sun. (But a very cute tomato, I should add. ;)  And then he went to Denver and played basketball, got home late, and was nice enough to get up with the kids last night, all while not feeling the greatest. So I have a feeling he's going to be exhausted tonight and Mom will be on duty.

My friend Anja had two girlfriends in town this week from Germany so we all went out for dinner for a girls' night on Wednesday. Great fun. I love girls night out and I really think I need more of those on my schedule. I was thinking of what a blessing it is to have friends. Since we moved out here, we've made great friends, but lots of them have moved. Sigh of sadness. (I'm talking about you, Mick and Sheri, Tammy and Nathaniel, Charles and Ana, Jenny and Rich, Chandace and Jason, etc. Miss you guys!) But it's so important to surround ourselves with a community of people we care about and who care about us. And I'm very grateful for every friend God has given me, near and far.

I was watching The Barefoot Contessa the other day (Ina Garten) and she was at a dinner party with a bunch of ladies--it was basically girls night in. I loved how special everything looked and it inspired me to host a girls night in soon. Do you enjoy hosting parties? It can be hard to have dinner parties at this stage of life for me--where we have kids running around. But a ladies dinner party works because all the dads get to babysit! So I think it's a fun thing to do every now and then. Do you have any tips for hosting a girls night in? Share the wealth, loveys!

4 comments

  1. I just love your blog. I found it on the aloha hop. I glad to be your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, March got here so fast this year, didn't it??? And you all are lucky to have dads who will all babysit, that totally rocks. I cannot remember the last time I had a girls day.

    I'm visiting you today from Aloha Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for Nemo's dad. :(

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I think I don't even remember what a girls day is anymore. lol Its definitly a blessing to have people around that care.

    I'm your newest follower from the ALoha blog hop. Have a great weekend.

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/positively-positive.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!