Claims to Fame and Gratefulness


Hello, loveys! How have you been? Today's been a rollercoaster. Pictures (you'll read about that in a minute), work, then I had lunch with some fantastic authors.

Somehow, all my projects seem to come at me at once. I've had a rather slow winter (which I loved!), now it looks like my summer load is going to be just a little full. Like four book projects full! There's a lot of editing in my future. At this very moment, thinking about that makes me even more tired. So I'll concentrate on the fact that there's a new Scandal on tonight and the kids are in bed and Jeff's playing b-ball and so I have a few blissful, quiet moments to myself. After the busy day I've had, I need a few quiet moments.

Guys, I have a new claim to fame. Or at least my hands do. :) I was a hand model today. Some people at work needed photos of women holding books and my hands were available. I feel like I've been chuckling about this all day! It was fun though! :) Speaking of claims to fame, at lunch today, we were throwing out our hilarious claims to fame in the context of degrees of separation between us and famous people. One of the women mentioned her child going to school with the nephew of Marie Osmond. That sort of thing. The whole thing was so funny! What about you? Do you have a "claim to fame" or a degree of separation (or several) between you and a famous person?

I can't tell you how glad I am that tomorrow is Friday. It's been a crazy week, but at the same time, I felt this overwhelming sense of gratitude today. There were several times today when I just stopped and thanked God. In the midst of being busy, I think we can forget to be thankful. We had a playdate over here Wednesday and Ashtyn kept reminding me (or telling me) to thank her for things. It was pretty cute. I have to remind her to say it even more often, but I think it's a good thing. I want the words "thank you" to be a very regular part of our dialog in our house.



I think about how much I appreciate when Jeff says, "Thank you" to me for the most routine things. It's nice to hear it. In that same way, I know God must enjoy hearing us thank Him for all He's doing in our lives. 1 Chronicles 16:34 says, "Oh, give thanks unto the Lord for He is good! His mercy endures forever."

2 comments:

  1. Ashtyn sayings are so fun to read! I am thankful for you! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Aloha Friday and just started following on GFC. Being a hand model is kind of awesome. Sadly I don't think I have any claims to fame. Maybe someday...

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!