Princess of Pork

So, I found this recipe for pulled-pork BBQ sandwiches and it was so easy and had so many starred reviews (we're talking in the thousands!) that I had to try it and I'm soooo glad I did. I'd offered to take dinner to some friends of ours the other day, so I thought I would make it that night for them and us (normally I would say don't try new stuff out on people who don't live in your house, but this one was easy and worked). I bought this enormous slab of pork loin (so much that it took two crockpots!). Here's how I made it: All you do is put the pork loin in the crockpot, cover it with one can of root beer soda, let it cook forever (like 8 hours on low). Tada! Delicious with a capital D. Put some BBQ sauce on it and you've got a really great BBQ sandwich. I'm telling you, it was so good it almost didn't need sauce! But BBQ sauce makes everything better so put some on there. You'll love it. It's my new fave recipe. Even my kids loved it and that's just crazy.

(You'll notice that I titled this Princess of Pork since that's what the article was called. I'm not saying I'm the princess of pork! See below.)


So we had enough pulled pork to feed half of our town. Even with sharing it with our friends! So the next day I made pulled-pork enchiladas. Score! The next day I made pulled-pork tostadas. Double score! I'm not usually a fan of leftovers, but all three meals were so good. I highly recommend you try this. You don't even taste the root beer! It just magically makes it taste wonderful.


(On a funny note, so a new friend came over for a playdate today. She tells me, "Our family doesn't eat pork." I just started laughing. How could I not? I told her, "We've been living off pork for days. Would you like a hot dog?" Her answer, "That has pork in it." Me: "Oh right! Nevermind.")    

1 comment:

  1. Bran, you are so cute! I can't wait to try it!! I can always use new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!