Deja Vu and Hairdryers

The thing is, loveys, no one ever means for these things to happen.

Let me back up. So tonight was small group for us. You might remember another small group evening not so long ago when your dear friend Brandy was drenched in pork juice, blow drying her jeans in Nisha's bathroom.

Yes.

A moment of silence.

Somehow, I found myself yet again in someone else's house, using their blow dryer to dry my jeans before leaving for small group. (Thank you, sweet April, for lending me your hair dryer.) Thankfully, I had only been soaked in water by a water gun. Still, one must ask why these things happen. Other adults are always smiling and having adult conversation. I am always frantically blow drying my clothes, feeling less than calm.

These are strange deja vu instances that really must stop.

Moving on to dinner. So we went to dinner at our friends the Santiagos' home.  You can see below that dinner was amazing. And I rather believe that whenever there's good food, happiness must follow. I am also always reminded of the tremendous blessing of babysitters when they are absent and I am chasing my son down to the chicken coop.
 
 
I can't believe the weekend is over. I feel like it barely even happened. It was so fast and so full. My only consolation is that there's a holiday in the near future. But still, even crazy-busy weekends are good when at the end, you feel tired in a good way. In a way that means things were accomplished and time was invested in friendships.
 
 
For some reason, I'm feeling the need for an Elizabethtown movie night soon. Have you guys seen that movie? It's great but I'm not sure I can explain why. It's just one of those movies that you see and you love, but not everyone does, but you do and that's okay. You know those kinds of movies, right? Well, this girl loves Elizabethtown. And if you've seen it, then you know what I mean when I say that I'm lovin' life and lovin' you. :)
 
Have a good week, loveys. It's July 4th week. And the Pioneer Woman has inspired me to make peach cobbler on the 4th. Peach Cobbler. Happiness.
 
P.S. The song below is from Elizabethtown. So I'm feeling nostalgic. What can I say? It's awesome.




2 comments

  1. I remember that transition with Cyrus. Old enough to want to be a big kid, just not quite there with physical capabilities. Dekker is already all over the place and he's going to be keeping Sherilyn and myself on our toes. Sunday night was enjoyable and I really enjoyed meeting everyone's kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, I just popped over from (in)courage. Thank you for a great post!

    p.s. I saw Elizabethtown years aoo, but don't remember this song. I just played it and almost cried. Could be the soundtrack to my life the last couple of months. I love good music - even when it makes me a little teary.

    Have a happy 4th!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!