Thoughts on Father's Day


Hello Loveys! I hope all your families have had a wonderful Father's Day! It's late and I'm just thinking over our day (as I watch the 1940 version of Pride and Prejudice). The picture above is how I addressed the envelope of Jeff's Father's Day card. :) Ash has had Father's Day on the brain for days since they were making things for all the dads at daycare. Ash's class even had donuts for the dads on Friday morning. She told me on Friday that Daddy had had donuts and presents and it was still only Friday!

As we packed the kids up in the car after church this morning, Ash says from the backseat, "Daddy, you are handsome."  It was such a precious moment. Fathers and daughters.

Of course, I've also been thinking about my dad today. I remember being a little girl who adored her dad. In fact, I still love my dad to pieces and can't tell you how grateful I am for all he's done for me. I know that there's nothing he wouldn't do for me.


There are so many things I love about my dad, and there are so many memories I have of us together. But one specific memory came to mind today. When I was a teen (in high school, I believe) there was a Christian bookstore in our town called For Heaven's Sake. We went there all the time. (You know how much I love books and such, and my mother loves all things Christian. :)

I already loved to write and my dad knew I had dreams of writing one day. I think it was through For Heaven's Sake that he heard about a small writers' workshop being held. Three well-established authors were coming to town and holding a small writing workshop one evening. It was being held at a restaurant/deli nearby. My dad bought me a ticket. I didn't even have to ask. He knew it was something that interested me and he wanted to encourage me and help me.

He was being a good father. A loving father. And his support and faith in me made all the difference. I'm not sure there are things that could be much more important than that. I am so thankful that Jeff is such a good dad. I knew he would be, but I think he's exceeded my expectations. He's the kind of dad who more quickly encourages rather than scolds. He offers affection and love every day. He'll stop everything to listen to Ash or to hold Linc. He takes our children to church and teaches them to pray. He loves his children with everything in him. And today, on Father's Day, when we recognize the fathers in our lives--I feel so blessed to mention the two I love so much. My dad and my husband.


2 comments

  1. Made me tear up! So sweet, Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS NOT A FATHER DAY,BUT I REMEMBER MY FATHER, HE PASS AWAY 15 YEARS AGO.MY ENGLISH NO SO GOOD.IAM MEXICAN FROM CD.JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA. HUGGS!
    PD.IAM CRISTIAN WOMAN

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!