June's White Bean Chicken Chili


I am absolutely sold on this white-bean, chicken chili! It's a slow-cooker recipe, which I love for obvious reasons. It's the kind of thing I can throw together, forget about for hours, then serve when Jeff and the kids and I are ready for dinner. My friend June made this for our small group and I knew I needed the recipe. It's super easy and she was so nice as to share it with me (and you!). I'm one of those people who likes chili during the fall and winter months. But this is amazing for anytime (and it's something great to feed the whole family) so I recommend it for summer too!

Here's what you need: 2 or 3 cans of northern beans (your choice). 1 can sweet corn. Plenty of cooked chicken, shredded or cubed or whatever you want (I'd say at least 2 chicken breasts or you could even just buy two cans of white chunk chicken). 1 packet of McCormick's white chili seasoning. Put everything in the crockpot (do not drain the cans!). Let it cook for about 5 hours. Here's what I did to make it even easier. I bought one of those rotisserie chickens and just cut up all the chicken and put that in my chili. Really good. I also added more salt and pepper and a little more water (like half a cup).

So once it's ready, serve it over Fritos and add in some sour cream and shredded cheese. It was a definite hit with my family. :)

1 comment:

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!