The Mommy Diaries

Lincoln fell today.

Ash, Linc, and I were in the backyard. The kids were playing in the sandbox but then they moved to the swings and Ash tried to lift him onto the swing. Then splat! My little guy has a mouthful of dirt, a bleeding lip, a bloody nose, and a scratched chin.

Sigh.

Poor guy. Every time he comes running up to me wanting a snack, I see his puffy lip and red chin and hear him say, "Owie," and I feel awful.

Ash refused to take her nap today but she was so fussy that it wasn't going to be a negotiation. So I had to use the Mom tone (read: yell) and force the issue. So frustrating.

Frustrating to the point where all I can think to do is eat a mountain of a few vanilla wafers with Nutella. I'm not saying I'm proud of it.

My yellow flowers in front of my house are not even on life support. But with my hair everywhere, my glasses on, makeup nowhere near me, and my pajamas still cloaking my body--I haven't wanted to jump outside to water them. Because for some reason, my neighbor picked this morning to also do his yard work. I stepped outside for one minute earlier with the intention to quickly offer my flowers a life-saving drink, and he was right there! Sooo, I hopped right back inside. I waited a little later (while strategically checking the window to make sure no one was out there) and jumped outside to sprinkle the flowers. I am by the water hose (right by the front door) when I hear him coming through the door in his fence, two feet by me! Out of nowhere!  I suddenly remembered that I still had cream moisturizer on my face! What could I do? I did the first thing that came to mind.

Doused my face with water from the water hose.

I'm serious.

While dripping wet, my eyes squeezed shut from all the water--I began to think it was a bad idea.

"I'm all wet!" I said, hopping back to my front door (because of course I'm not wearing shoes, only socks, while watering the flowerbed). "Yes, you are!" he calls out.

Yes, I am.

I'm also a crazy woman, but I appreciate that he didn't say anything.

Now I'm back inside where I plan to stay.

In my defense, I've been working till after midnight the past three nights. And we had an unexpected water leak this weekend that resulted in a rain shower in our basement. There's a lot going on.

All I can say is that it's another page in my Mommy Diaries. And when 3:00 finally came around this afternoon and the kids climbed on me to watch the Pie Woman (also known to the world as The Pioneer Woman) I cuddled up with them and we watched Ree make scrambled eggs and biscuits. Happiness. My children who will refuse to watch "human movies" (anything not animated) will clamber to watch The Pioneer Woman on Food Network. Gotta love that.

2 comments

  1. So sweet that they like the Pioneer Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you doused your face with hose water...
    Sb

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!