Car Accidents and Dessert

Yesterday was rough, loveys.

It started out with me going to work, getting into a car accident, having my car totaled, feeling bruised and sore, and going back home, down one car.

Not the coolest. You know those days? When someone crashes into the back of your car, you're sitting there, dazed and scared, the passenger airbag deploys and smoke is coming out of somewhere. You get out of the car, shaken. A college student is driving by slowly, his window down, asking if I need help as his car keeps creeping along. I call him the mobile Samaritan. I'm like, "Someone needs to call 911." He nods encouragingly as his car keeps moving, "Okay then."

So I call 911 and I'm trying not to cry.

You know those moments? When there's a trooper asking for your information, and of course you can't find it. You dig through the glove compartment box, pulling out paperwork and cards from like 2003 and wanting to scream because nothing's ever there when you need to find it.

All I can say is that it was a rough, stressful situation on so many levels. I was relieved when Jeff pulled up, able to help me.

But at the end of the day, I keep thinking of how thankful I am that the kids weren't with me. That cars are replaceable but people aren't, and it could have been worse.

Last night, Sara and Nemo came over, and so my mother and my sister fussed over me. Sara came with popcorn and goodies and such sweet encouragement. My mother loved on me like mothers do. My friend Nancy dropped off cheesecake, knowing that her friend equates dessert with love and that it would make me feel better. :)

I know these days happen. The days where we're shaken and reminded of how weak and frail we can be sometimes. That's when we need the love of others to encourage and fill us. And God's grace is there too.

It wasn't the Friday I expected.

That's alright.

Sometimes we have to roll with the unexpected. Dessert helps. ;)



6 comments

  1. So sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you don't have any lingering problems. Yes a little dessert goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear, but I am glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened to you friend! And yes, so thankful that your littles weren't in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dessert always helps. Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are okay! Definitely not a fun start to the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you have recovered from such a drastic accidents. Take care and be safe next time! May god protect you!

    Regards,
    Arnold Brame

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!