Coffee and Good Intentions


Do you ever wake up and get this feeling that today you're going to change your life? And by change your life, I mean clean your house and get organized?

You do? Awesome. I have it on the regular. Like this morning. Today's a home day. And both kids have been knocked down by colds. So we're stuck inside with major sniffles and coughs. Jeff let me sleep and got up this morning with the kiddos. Now I'm up and need to tackle a very messy kitchen--well, a messy everything, really. I turned on Curious George's Christmas DVD. The kids are going between watching the movie and playing monsters. I'm filled to the brim with good intentions of cleaning house today and getting organized. I've sent Jeff to Home Depot (which he wanted to go anyway because his day consists of finishing the basement entirely) to bring me home boxes for boxing up superfluous stuff.

So, I'm changing my world today. I mean, after I've taken fifteen minutes to blog to you guys and drink a cup of coffee with white chocolate peppermint creamer. Delish. I went to the library this week and came home with a million Christmas DVDs for us to watch. Part of this was because Sunday night Sara and I are spending the night at a B&B. So I'm leaving movies for Jeff and the kids and I'm taking some for me and Sara. This was a birthday gift she got for me weeks ago. Sara and I will be doing a Christmas movie marathon at our night away. Very fun times are ahead for us. I have a feeling coffee and chocolate will be involved as well.

But today--today I've got pork chops in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I've got cold medicine on the counter. I've got Curious George Christmas and pumpkin bread. I've got all day to wash clothes and clean closets while Jeff descends into the never-ending basement. It feels never-ending, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. He's so close to being finished. And my mother-in-law is coming soon so I'm really excited that by the time she and Jeff's stepdad arrive, we'll have a beautiful space ready to welcome them. Fun! I can't wait to see them!

So after I've changed our lives today with my cleaning and organization (oh dear, the caffeine might already be waning. My resolve is slipping), I need to put the kids to bed early and settle in to spend a couple of hours writing. My book deadline is dangerously close. But spending time with fictional characters happens to be one of my favorite past times. :) So we'll see how much I can get done tonight.

For now, I'm signing off to enter the terrible kitchen. We're getting a new refrigerator Monday so I probably will have to spend time cleaning out our current one to be ready. Cleaning refrigerators is on my list of "I NEVER like doing this" along with things like raking and cleaning underneath the bathroom sink, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Lighting a Christmas candle might help. I'll try that.

Do you have 'change your world' days, lovey? What do they consist of? What helps spur you on during a day of cleaning house?

No comments

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!