The Last of the Holiday Parties....


So, we had our church small group Christmas get-together tonight. I think we're officially finished with the holiday parties of the season. All we've got left is the big day. It's been such a fun few weeks. I was reminded again tonight of how lucky we are to have such a great group of people to be in community with. We were in a small group a few years ago and we really loved our group so much and still do, and we stay in each other's lives. Those relationships remain so important to us. I was a bit nervous, to be honest, when we decided to join a new group. But it's been awesome. And nights like tonight just reinforce that awesomeness. :)

I do think they might not be thrilled about having a member of the group who has a blog and therefore needs to document everything. :) But we all have our quirks, right?

I started this blog as a way to communicate and remember--with the kids and work and all we have going on, it can be hard to keep things straight from one day to the next. And these years are so important that I want to remember as much as I can. Plus, I'm a writer. Writer's write. It's what we do. And we like communicating our thoughts.

We live pretty far from almost all of our family. My sis and brother-in-law are out here, and I'm SO grateful for that. But having a blog also gives our families a glimpse into our lives. It gives the grandparents a chance to see what a day in the life of us looks like. I talked to my dad on the phone the other night and he told me he loves to read my blog. Seriously, if only my dad and a handful of family members ever read this blog--I'd be okay. I absolutely love that my dad is a fan of this blog. I love that he can read up on what's going on with us. I love that he is always so supportive of me.

Blogging, for me, is a great outlet to share my thoughts and also document my family's life. Some people (like all my friends) end up getting dragged into the mix as well. :)

So Christmas is ten days away. Ten days, loveys! My shopping is done. Almost everything is wrapped. We've done our charitable giving. We've done the holiday party scene. We've delivered cookies to the neighbors. I feel ready for the big day. Ready for Luke 2:1-20 (the Christmas story). Ready for The Night Before Christmas. Ready for one more round of really delicious food (before the New Year's diets start, which are SO in my future). Ready to watch my fave scene in It's a Wonderful Life. Ready to feel the wonder and excitement that comes with Christmas Day.

Wonder and excitement. Because we all need a little of both every now and then.

No comments

Post a Comment

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!