Every Time a Bell Rings . . . Makes Me Cry. A Movie Post.




So I just cried as I watched this clip. Seriously. It gets me every time! There's just something so heart-tugging about Harry (the brother) running in from the snow, leaving his banquet the minute he hears from Mary about what's happened with George. It's the love of family that touches me every time. If you didn't watched this clip this Christmas season, watch it. Cry if you want. :)

I've been on a movie kick lately. This stems from Christmas when I always receive movies I love and then need to spend hours upon hours watching them ASAP. I got two seasons of Downton Abbey and one season of Game of Thrones for Christmas. Need I say more? Right. Marathons constantly. As for Downton, I had to watch last season to get ready for this past Sunday's episode! For all my Downtonites out there, what did you think? I loved every minute of being back in that world again! And I was relieved by how much I enjoyed it. After the devastating end of last season, I was afraid I wouldn't want to keep watching. So far, so good.

Anyway, movie marathons get me thinking about movies I love. Which, lucky for you, means I've scoured YouTube looking for movie clips I adore. Here's another one from Casablanca (one of my all-time favorite movies!):



I know. It's amazing. So here's another one that makes me fall to pieces from Sense and Sensibility. I cannot handle it when the camera goes to the mom and sisters outside waiting and when Margaret says, "He's kneeling down!" Honestly, I just wept as I wrote that. Beautiful. Wonderful. Yes.



One of the best movie moments ever. So what else? I wanted to include the video for Bryan Adams singing Everything I Do, I Do It for You, because, I mean, really--I cannot even share with you the depth of the love I had for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves at one time in my life (who are we kidding? I'll carry that torch forever). But if you get me started on 90s music, we may never return.

So we'll stay safe and check out one of my other favorites. This dance scene. Romance. What can I say? And the music is gorgeous.


So this has been super fun. I'm going to leave you with one of my favorite chick-flick clips. Seriously, what girl hasn't danced with her best friend? I'm talking about you, Michelle Smith. You, me and Tom Petty, girlfriend. Then there were those swing dance moments, Cory Guisler. You know what I'm talking about. :) And countless dances with my two best girls, Sara Hanson and Laura Brumble.



I think we'll do this again soon. I love movies! What are some of your favorites?

3 comments

  1. I love all of these movies! Seriously, nostalgia. Thanks. Also, I finally just watched Downton after 3 days of the flu, and I, too, was relieved. The Dowager is just as amazing as ever, and I cried when Mary came to see Carson. I'm so excited for the season! (although I did read a spoiler for episode 3 or 4 that is going to be a bit rough).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful choices! I just rewatched Becoming Jane this week (it's one of my all-time favorites). And that scene is the best, so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love It's a Wonderful Life! "....every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings" truly one of my favorite movies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!