A Romantic Movies Post . . . .

So it's the day of hearts and hugs and kisses. I do love Valentine's Day. However, it's a bit different when you're celebrating amid the chaos of boxes and moving and last-minute selling issues and such. Still, a little romance is a must on this day. So I've decided to do another movie post with some of my all-time favorite romantic movies. At this very moment, I'm watching Mary Crawley fall in love with Matthew. What can I say? It spells romance in every language. So let's talk romantic films and why we love them. They make us laugh and smile and sigh. They're one of those things that just make Friday nights better. What are your favorites?



I listened to the Sleepless and Seattle soundtrack over and over when it first came out. And Sara and I still love to quote from this movie. It's fabulous.



Pretty Woman. I mean, really, it's classic.



Speaking of classic, Gone with the Wind takes the cake on that genre. SO wonderful. Rhett Butler, need I say more?



I nearly wept just watching this clip. It takes every girl back to her wedding day. Memories. Tears. Life. Love.



Titanic was just epic and when it came out, it was too huge not to be a part of. The movie sucked us all in with its gorgeous sets and tragic love story.



Sabrina is one of my all-time faves. I love Sabrina and Linus. And the Humphrey Bogart version is equally lovely. Another favorite I couldn't find a good clip for was An Affair to Remember with Deborah Kerr. I love that movie.



I have to bring up a few other honorable mentions for great romantic movies:

Somewhere in Time
Ghost
Dirty Dancing
French Kiss
The Prince and Me
Now, Voyager
Serendipity
Notting Hill
Grease
Bridget Jones Diary
Just Like Heaven
Ever After
Elizabethtown
Persuasion
Sense and Sensibility
Pride and Prejudice
Emma
North and South (BBC)
Sweet Home Alabama
Casablanca
Never Been Kissed
Becoming Jane
Only You

I keep thinking of more and more! But I better stop for now. What would you add to this list? What rom-coms are your favorites? The ones you could watch over and over!

No comments

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!