Crumbs on the Table

There are crumbs on the table, loveys.

And under it, as a matter of fact.

And it's 7:59 and my kids are already eating suckers. Bribery starts early sometimes. (Imagine me shrugging and saying "Eh" and shrugging again.) I need a moment to slow down. This mom has already been to the dentist this morning (which went well. We may eat suckers but we definitely brush teeth in this house!). This week has been packed for me. My literary agent was in town so I got to reconnect with the great and fun Chip MacGregor (and Amanda and Erin) and talk shop. Then one of my authors was in town (the lovely Pam Farrel. Great seeing you, Pam!) so I got to have lunch with her and her husband and my boss. Lunch included gelato so obviously it was a delightful experience for all of us! :)

So my schedule was a little rearranged--taking the kids in late for Jeff, picking them up (late). It's been the kind of week that, even though it's only Thursday, we've already had cheeseburgers and pizza for dinner this week. A lot going on and this mom hasn't been up for cooking. But it's home-day today and I've got chicken thawing in the fridge and I'm looking forward to cooking real food tonight. I'm thinking shredded chicken enchiladas with black beans and salad.

And I'm hoping the coffee kicks in and I will do something about the crumbs soon.

Last night we went over to the new house. Surprise to us, lights were installed! Yay! That was fun to see. So it's coming along. Moving day approaches. I better not say that again or I'll start to feel a teeny bit panicked. Really, I know it'll be fine. Jeff and I are a pretty good team when it comes to moving. We're about 25 days out from the closing date. Wow. That means we're less than 3 weeks from school starting.

We need to buy pencils or something.

We've continued along with our #100daysofsummer and it's been truly great for our family. Fun memories. Tired kids at the end of the days. We went to the zoo this past weekend and had a wonderful time together. The kids loved it. Picnic lunch. Elephant swimming. Monkeys flying. Seals performing. All of us riding the carousel. Linc fell asleep halfway through the day. Beautiful family moments.


This week we all snuggled up on the couch together for a movie night (complete with popcorn and hot chocolate) and watched the Tinker Bell Pirate Fairy movie (loved it). I'm hoping for more movie nights at the new house. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to moving in and unpacking and having more than a handful of glasses and finding the lids for my corning ware. It's all so exciting! :)

I remember when I was a little girl and we moved into a new house that we'd had built in Conroe, Texas. It was so exciting. The house felt huge on that first night. (Laura was not even a dream in heaven yet. We were a family of four for a long time.) We slept on the living room floor together. Those are wonderful memories. Sara and I used to roller skate around the kitchen. It was a great house.

And here we are, years down the road. And Jeff and I are moving into our house with our two little ones. And it's fun and exciting. The same way it felt so long ago when Sara and I were singing and performing on the stage (aka the fireplace) at the house on Andershire.

The blessing of family.

Really, who cares if there are crumbs on the table? There's love in the house.

No comments

Post a Comment

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!