Let Freedom Ring

There's something about July 4th that just feels lovely. It's sort of like Thanksgiving. There's something fun about eating turkey on Thanksgiving and knowing that just about everybody else is doing the same thing. And on July 4th, there's something fun about knowing that just about everybody is eating hamburgers and hot dogs. There's red, white, and blue everywhere, and I feel very patriotic. First thing this morning, I was in the car and heard America the Beautiful on the radio. I smiled because, truly, I love living in the land of the free and the home of the brave. It's a beautiful thing and I feel so blessed. Our day was spent with friends and great food, the sound of kids running and laughing, ice-cream cones and cupcakes, sunshine and a few rain clouds--blessings. #100daysofsummer

I can hear fireworks happening outside at this very moment. But thankfully, they haven't woken the kids yet. My kids were worn out tonight and went to bed early. Since the Jeffster and I were worn out too, early bedtime for the kids was very welcome.

This week has been busy and full, and yet even though I'm tired, there's something satisfying about a busy and full week. I think because it's also been a productive week. Things to cross off my list. The list never seems to really shrink, but it still feels good to cross things off. We're down to less than 50 days before we move. I feel good about that. I'm anxious for our house to be done, but I'm not anxious for summer to end and school to start--so we take it one day at a time.

We take it one day at a time, loveys. The good days. The difficult days. The busy days. The slow days. The holidays. The regular days.

There's grace for every day. Hold on to it.

1 comment

  1. I enjoy all the red, white and blue of July 4th. There is something satisfying about a busy week. :) We just purchased property and will be getting a home built soon. I'm anxious for it to get started. Enjoy the days!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!