10 weeks and counting


Loveys, I've got about 10 weeks before this little girl is born.

That sort of sounds like a long time.

Then again, it sort of makes me start to twitch and my heart to race and then I panic.

There are many things to do. I've just spent all the hours of my morning working nonstop on book projects. Now that I'm taking a breath, I'm thinking of the fact that the baby's room is still a guestroom and needs a complete overhaul. The baby needs a name. The baby needs stuff, and my garage scares me. The baby needs her mother to get going on that baby scrapbook lickety-split.

On another note, laundry is piling up like Pikes Peak. The Bronco's lost and my husband is in depression. It's freezing outside and so I need to find something to make for dinner without having to go to the store. (I think the hamburger meat in the fridge is still rock-solid frozen.) My hair is not cool. I really need to go through my kids' closets and organize the clothing situation. I really want to take a nap. The nurse practitioner at my OBGYN office told me she wants me drinking only water from now on. I am so thirsty all the time! I went to the store two days ago--feeling parched. Came home with more Diet Dr Pepper, Gingerale, two bottles of cranberry juice, and a jug of sweet tea.

Lord, help me.

10 weeks left.

I feel very pregnant today. Heavy. Swollen. And like the bottle of Tums in my room is very necessary for my survival. But gosh, 10 weeks to go? My heaviest, most swollen days are ahead of me. I must prepare myself. Maybe a nap would help. I'll go see if Lincoln is acting the slightest bit tired. I'm hungry. Snack first, then nap.

Loveys, how is your Monday going? Are you pregnant? Are you sleepy? Are you swollen? If so, you are not alone. I'm here with you.  

Let's do this.

2 comments

  1. Eeeek so exciting! I am 33 weeks today and I only have 45 more days until my scheduled c-section date! I am feeling great but very tired! This pregnancy has been much better than my last but now that it's crunch time, there's no escaping the uncomfortableness that is the last month!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!