Momfessionals!

I'm joining Andrea today and talking about Momfessionals. It's where we confess a few details of real momlife. Here are mine for today:

I ate all my kids' Starbursts and I'm hoping they forgot about them.
 
It's true. Last week during Downton Abbey, Jeff and I were desperate for snacks. I pulled the kids' Starburst bag from the cabinet and we went to town.
 
I purged clothes from my closet this past weekend and came up with three bags for the Task Force. I tried on at least three pairs of jeans from college and mourned the fact that they cannot be part of my life anymore.
 
True story. But I got to keep two pairs that I was sure wouldn't fit! So that made me feel better. Plus, there was one pair I couldn't bring myself to give away. Michelle and I bought them together and I love them. So they're staying no matter what.
 
I look forward to physical therapy because I get to go by myself. That's terrible, I know. I'm willing to go through pain just to have time on my own! You take what you can get, lovey.
 
Seriously. The last fifteen minutes I just lay there while they ice my feet. And I get fifteen minutes of uninterrupted time to check Facebook. Gotta appreciate that.
 
I go to Supper Club once a month and from the moment I wake up, I'm counting down until dinner that evening. I absolutely do not get tired of drinking wine with girlfriends and swapping birth stories. It's basically a whole night of momfessionals. 
 
During supper club this past Sunday, we celebrated my friend Shari's birthday. Extra fun! There's something magical about sitting around a table with other women, drinking wine and eating delicious food, sharing life together. It's the boost I need before diving back into days filled by being a waitress to my children. Moms need nonjudgmental friends. It's a must for survival.
 
  
I had basically a humiliating mom-moment last week. I went to dinner with my fantastic new literary agent. She's super cool; she also happens to be quite a bit younger than myself and she's not part of the mother-hood yet. So after we've had dinner and we're about to go, I know that she's got a pretty good drive ahead of her. We're putting on coats and I say, "Do you need to go to the bathroom before we go?" Tragedy. Yes, it's standard for me to say this to my kids every time we leave anywhere, but not cool to say to other grown ups. She just looks kind of taken aback and says, "Ummm, I think I'm okay." Of course you are. You're a grown-up woman. I'm just a mom who is so conditioned to asking people if they need to "go potty" that I now ask other adults this.
 
Erin, if you're reading this, I promise not to ask you if you need to go to the bathroom next time we have dinner. Chalk it up to momlife.
 

That's all I'm confessing for now. ;)
 
I hope your week is off to a good start, loveys. 


3 comments:

  1. Haha! Love that you asked your agent that! I definitely said something along the lines of when are you going "night-night" to my husband the other evening. Habit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You were just looking out for your friend! And a moment of silence for the college pants... I still have a pair that I will never be able to wear again unless something tragic happens and I can't eat for 10 months. But I won't get rid of them. Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, asking your agent if she needs to go to the bathroom before you two leave the restaurant one is hilarious! But don't stress it, I'm sure she understands, right? :)

    Don't be too hard on yourself. I think that all MOMs go through similar events that you listed in this post and feel the same way that you do about it. Personally, I think you're AWESOME! :) And your kids are lucky to have you as their Mom.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!