Heartstrings



Loveys, tomorrow Lincoln graduates from preschool. Forever. He moves on to kindergarten and becomes a big kid and then he becomes a teenager and girls will be after that gorgeous brown-eyed boy, then he'll go to college and get married and I'll lose him forever.

Yes. I'm emotional about the whole thing.

I feel like kindergarten was a turning point for Ash. Becoming more independent, going to a bigger school, all that jazz. And I never quite got back that teeny baby girl. She kept right on growing. I know, in and of itself, this is a huge blessing. They're happy and healthy and they're meant to keep on growing. But sometimes, it tugs at your mama heartstrings until you hurt.

Maybe it's different for every mother, but for me, these heartstrings are being pulled tonight. Some stages are tougher than others, but I'm grateful for all of them. And I believe all those parents who have already been through it and tell me it goes by fast.

I went walking with my friend Nancy the other night and we were talking about how fast the school year has gone by. It seems like yesterday we were at Lincoln's orientation and they were talking about the end of the year program and how it would be here before we knew it. Truth. Now we're diving into summer and I know it will fly by. Because winter is long here in Colorado and we all want to squeeze out every drop of summer we can get before cold weather comes back. Today was Ash's last day of school. (Which was a good excuse to get Chinese take-out for dinner.) So it's beginning.

Lately I've been cramming a lot of things into a little amount of time. Do you ever find yourself doing that? On the downside, I'm convinced it makes the time go by even faster. On the flipside, sometimes we just have to.

I will miss these days.

Loveys, on another note, my Lily still has no teeth. What. Is. Going. On. She's more than 14 months old now and she does not have even one tooth. I confess that I am worried. I adore her of course and will forever, but what if the girl doesn't have any teeth? It didn't take this long for my other kids to have teeth come in, and all the other babies we know have lots of teeth. So, yes, I am feeling concerned. Teething is never fun and yet I am SO hopeful we get there soon. What can I do? #prayforbabyteeth









1 comment

  1. Sounds lovely! So happy for you that your children are growing up and doing well in school. I most definitely will start praying TODAY for your baby girl to grow baby teeth! :) Maybe you should take her to the pediatrician too?

    Love the photo of you with your children, very beautiful. I can see why they tug at your heartstrings! :)

    God bless you, Brandy! I hope that you and your family will enjoy the holiday weekend! *Jeremiah 29:11*

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!