Spring Snow, Lemon Pie & Tea

Spring snow is not unusual over here, loveys. And we woke up to lots of it. It started getting chilly and cloudy yesterday, and yup--this morning there was snow. So it's an inside day over here (unless Jeff and I start to lose it and end up taking the kids to the McDonald's playland--very likely).

So yesterday, to celebrate spring and all (luckily it was pre-snowfall) I went with my friend Alyssa to a Spring Tea at the church by our houses. She told me that people usually get dressed up so I decided to wear a skirt for the occasion. Loveys, I can't tell you what I was thinking. All I know is that it's been a long time since these legs have seen the sun (and will be longer, yesterday they only saw clouds). I have bought some of that self-tanning lotion (it's not working so far). I should just go tanning and I might. But I get so paranoid about it (you know, claustrophobia, cancer, etc). And remember that last time I did that only the top of me got tan, so what's the point? Anyway, so I went to the Spring Tea and felt somewhat like my pale, ghostly legs weren't exuberating springtime. Still the tea-time was super fun and everything was delicious.

:)
So after Miss Frosty (me) got home, I decided to make a lemon pie for me and Jeff. We are really into lemon pies at the moment. I feel like lemony stuff feels springtime-ish (like trifle cakes, and strawberry shortcake and so on). So I thought I'd post a picture and share the recipe with you. And as we keep making fun spring and summer desserts--some recipes I know really well, some I'm just wanting to try out--I'll share those with you! So below is my Mimi's Lemon Pie:



Recipe is really simple and easy to make. Here's what you need:

1 pie shell
I can fat-free condensed milk
1/2 cup of lemon juice
3 eggs
Tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup sugar

So prick the pie shell first and cook that according to the packaging (I cook it at 375 for 7 minutes).
Next mix together the condensed milk, lemon joice, 3 egg yolks, and tsp of vanilla (add a dash of salt if you want).
Next use a hand blender or mixer to whip 3 egg whites, once they are pretty firm and white, add the sugar and keep mixing.
Pour the filling mixture in the pie shell and add the meringue (egg white mixture) on top.
Cook at 350 for about 7 minutes or until it's starting to brown on top.
Voila!
Happy springtime! (Or in my case, snow day.)


3 comments

  1. Wow the pie sounds so easy which totally suprises me. Might have to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, it's sooo easy and really delicious. You should definitely make it. Let me know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pie sounds heavenly! It might even be doable for someone who doesn't know how to cook very well.

    Hope you get some spring weather soon. We had a snow day a few weeks ago when everyone online was talking about how gorgeous it was where they lived! It's time for sunshine, I say!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it! I love hearing from you!